Huben K1 barrel cleaner (edit: works for .22 and .25)

weevil

Dec 19, 2022
Utah
Just sharing a hack devised to clean the K1 barrel quickly and easily. My friend and owner of a 25 confessed that he had never cleaned his barrel (3 years and many thousand shots!) because he didn’t want to get into any disassembly. We set about crafting a device to clean it that doesn’t require anything more than removing the moderator (if you have one fitted). It consists of a plastic tube within another tube - actually a radio control aircraft servo control rod, but any similar plastic tubes that just fit in the bore could be used. The inner tube has a fishing line loop glued into its end with epoxy, to hold the patch. Here is a shot of the smaller (yellow) tube holding the patch, inside the larger blue tube:

D295D444-E19F-429D-84B8-A2068A52ACF2.jpeg

The yellow tube is retracted, pulling the patch into the blue tube ready for insertion into the muzzle:
6FFE936D-4084-46D8-9B8B-F2C93AF5C2B8.jpeg

Note that the blue tube has a black mark that represents the point to stop inserting it, measured to reach just shy of the magazine. The yellow tube tube has another mark that represents the point that it should be pushed into the blue tube to fully release the patch:

BE9B4E4F-29E1-4707-9C45-9986D23FD34A.jpeg

Then, as you guessed, the tubes are pulled out together, allowing the patch to clean. Rinse and repeat until you’re done, which in the case of this gun, was >20 patches!

EC3FEBAB-7D26-4BEA-B4AD-9EC6386413EE.jpeg

Then clean the mag with a q-tip.

Just as easy as cleaning a conventional barrel, aside from the fact that it was so so dirty…

4C93C56B-0EAD-4D0B-BF96-6CC393CC0BD6.jpeg

Last edited:
Another update: We had a chance to shoot the gun after cleaning and there was a substantial improvement in accuracy. Not surprising - it was like an oilfield in the barrel. Following that, I have decided to get one. I’ve been on the fence for a Leshiy 2, but the K1 has won me over. Now to decide between 22 and 25.
Get them both 😉