• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben K1 and LCS SK19

I am researching my next air rifle purchase and these two are actually in the mix of ones I am looking at and just want to see if anyone can confirm something,

Ive read and been told that the LCS SK19 is actually extremely similar to the Huben K1 but with full auto? As in both rifles are extremely similar operating and internally? Can anyone comment on this?

Doesn't hold any bearing on my decision but more to cure my curiousity...

Besides the obvious differences (ie: bottle vs tube), the main not so obvious difference is the trigger mechanism. LCS had to create a completely different trigger to make it select fire. It is definitely not what you want out of a trigger but it’s not terrible. The huben has a better trigger that is adjustable.

*other than that they are extremely similar as far as them sharing the same hammerless system.

Yes they are extremely similar. IMO the SK is a blatant copy job of the K1. I own 1 SK in .22 and 3 K1s one in .177, .22 and .25. Performance wise they are identical. Both have a learning curve. Both pull our mustache. One big difference is the shot count, the SK is vastly superior on that front, bottle verse cylinder. In all honesty it came down to aesthetics, are you more inclined towards tactical or a more conventual look. I find the K1 much more pleasing to my eye. 

Reactions: Jabu
My K1 dropped onto pavement barrel end first. Gave the shroud a nice little ding but the poi was surprisingly dead on. The stock is plastic but a very durable, stout plastic. The K1 is known for sometimes having a creeping reg. Mine crept about 2 bar overnight. Installed a huma to fix the creeping. They may have remedied the reg issue in the new models. I have a 2018. 

Let's revive this again guys.

This is the comparison I was looking for.

I need the help of those of you who know so much more than I do, which probably covers most people here.

Some issues really bug me when it comes to Huben K1

1- small cylinder, with the gauge right under the muzzle nonetheless LOL.
SK fixes this with the bottle that you can just put an even larger one. Amazing!
I know SK just copied Huben and fixed the issue of the shot count. And I do not care if they copied them. I only care if it's a good bullpup. I don't like what they did with the trigger and their fake full auto system. It's actually embarrassing because it's even slower than manual rapid fire. An a complete gimmick.
I know they offer it without the full auto ''feature'' but that doesn't fix the trigger.

2- fixed mag, but I guess that's a necessary tradeoff if you want hammerless and accurate, since the mag is basically the breech. So the level of precision required does not leave room for a swappable mag.

-it's great that they are not being like FX with a new MK every 5 months. That's extremely respectable. But there are actual Issue to fix here.

I thought I'd have more on the negative side but no. Huben is just too good.

So my questions are:

- How is the SK power? inferior to Huben?
- Does anyone know if Huben will ever fix the bottle size problem?
- Does anyone know a bullpup that is better than great Huben? Anything other than SK that I don't know about?

Hey ANB, I have both a Huben 25 caliber and a LCS in 25 caliber. They are both great, fun and reliable. I would take my Huben every day over the LCS. I find it easier to shoot both off hand and with a bi-pod. As far as accuracy goes. Both are about he same out to 50 yards. After that, I don't know, my range is not big enough. I think the Huben is a little more powerful (not enough to make a difference) but the power wheel on the Huben is more precise. The only time I shoot he LCS is when I have to justify buying it. If I didn't have the Huben, I would not have had any issues with the LCS, other than the trigger.

Hey ANB, I have both a Huben 25 caliber and a LCS in 25 caliber. They are both great, fun and reliable. I would take my Huben every day over the LCS. I
Thank you, brother. Yes, It kills me that I can't find a Huben but with a bigger air bottle. I love how you just call yourself out like that. That's a man whose opinion I can trust.
So while you're at it. Tell me how much, if at all does the Huben small cylinder bother you?

ANB, If your going to be walking and carrying the gun, just be prepared to shoot two mags and then refill. I shoot in my backyard and I tether from my large tank to a regulated hole assembly and shoot all day. They are expensive but all I do is reload and shoot. That way I can continue shooting until my large tank is below 3000 PSI. I also use this for the LCS. TOPGUN airguns sells them. Only good if you shooting from a rest.

Reactions: ANB
ANB, If your going to be walking and carrying the gun, just be prepared to shoot two mags and then refill. I shoot in my backyard and I tether from my large tank to a regulated hole assembly and shoot all day. They are expensive but all I do is reload and shoot. That way I can continue shooting until my large tank is below 3000 PSI. I also use this for the LCS. TOPGUN airguns sells them. Only good if you shooting from a rest.

I like the Huben more compact & longer user history.

Reactions: ANB