• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Huben Huben K1 air leaking

Hello,

I got an older Huben K1, I think 2019 maybe.

I had a problem with very slow air leak from under the valve (the brass part on the bottom part of the receiver). Resealing helped, but now the air is leaking through the barrel and I do not know what to do.

Any advices what might be causing this or which o-rings I should try to replace?

If the air is leaking from the barrel then the valve(part #5) or one of these parts: #3, 4, and 6 are bad. You need a special tool to remove the valve or you risk damaging it. Contact Kelly (owner of Kraz Cool Airguns). He can sell you the parts and might sell you the valve removal tool as well.

A762C690-4621-4792-B926-7C21ED70BCDE.jpeg

Hello,

I got an older Huben K1, I think 2019 maybe.

I had a problem with very slow air leak from under the valve (the brass part on the bottom part of the receiver). Resealing helped, but now the air is leaking through the barrel and I do not know what to do.

Any advices what might be causing this or which o-rings I should try to replace?
are you sure its leaking from the barrel?

I just had kinda the same thing going on. On mine most of the air was leaking out the bottom of the receiver. O-ring #6 was bad. You can ship just your receiver to Kelly and he can go through it for around $100, give or take on the parts needed and labor. I shipped mine to him last Saturday and I was putting back together and shooting last night. I am super pleased with fast turnaround and customer service. Good luck, I hope you figure it out.

Reactions: RIshooter
Sounds like you set the power wheel too high which creates a cycling issue or jam. If the air leaks out through the barrel and you cant spin the clip/cylinder with release lever up you have a jam, if you turn the cylinder slightly and it comes out there then you need to release all the air and fill it with a bottle or fast filling compressor or it won't reset the cycling. If your new to these guns when you rebuild them you should set the power wheel to lowest position and then use a chronograph to set the power wheel.

If the air is leaking from the barrel then the valve(part #5) or one of these parts: #3, 4, and 6 are bad. You need a special tool to remove the valve or you risk damaging it. Contact Kelly (owner of Kraz Cool Airguns). He can sell you the parts and might sell you the valve removal tool as well.

View attachment 375909
What if the gun is leaking from the regulator? I just got a huben k1 yesterday from a member. I was told to digest it. You have to turn the regulator adjustment counter clockwise which I did until the regulator was all bled out. And then I tried to increase the pressure back up and it started leaking.

What if the gun is leaking from the regulator? I just got a huben k1 yesterday from a member. I was told to digest it. You have to turn the regulator adjustment counter clockwise which I did until the regulator was all bled out. And then I tried to increase the pressure back up and it started leaking.
Also the more I tried to increase the pressure the harder it blew it out the air, so I stopped and let it bleed out.

In this case it’s not the reg because it’s leaking from the barrel. With a leaky reg the air pressure will drop but not leak out the barrel.

In this case it’s not the reg because it’s leaking from the barrel. With a leaky reg the air pressure will drop but not leak out the barrel.
I never said it was leaking out the barrel though. It's leaking through the regulator the more I tried to increase the reg pressure, the more it dumped out the air. Almost as if it was trying to refill the regulator reservoir but it couldn't.

Last edited: