Huben K1 .25 cal First Impressions

Hey now. My first post here. 

I have the Huben K1.25. I have shot about 500 jsb 33grain diabalo pellets. I like it so far. I have not made any adjustments other than mounting the scope. The pellets definitely need to be pushed in till seated. It just takes a little extra time. 

The first problem I am having is filling the gun. I have a 4500psi compressor. The 110v HPA air Venturi one. The fill probe will not connect with the gun. It just blows air out the hole. I have a tank and the probe locks into place and fills the gun no problem filling from the tank. It is the only gun I have with a fill probe

I have not tried any accuracy testing but I m hitting cans at 50 yards every shot. 

The 25 caliber Huben does have some potential 17 shots at 50 yards

at a indoor range with some swage ammo , 32,80 grain at 1030 fps . Dale 

1551309304_12469323275c7719f8de9a07.29774467_IMG_2273.jpg

I've had 22 huben for two weeks and I've got about 800 pellets through it and I'm just starting to group in quarter moon shape that is about an inch long at 25 yards. I hope to go to my range and try groups at 50 and 100 yards. At 100 yards and only 500 pellets I was grouping at 3 inch circles. I'm hoping to be at a 1000 pellets but Saturday and try groups again.

Have you noticed better groups with pellets or slugs?

I just reassembled my K1 .25 with an unchoked 16MM OD LW barrel and so far its seems to be an improvement, I say this because at 20 yards without even sighting in i am shooting consitent groups with my MP slugs. the reasoning for this change was after looking at and shooting with the original barrel my thoughts were that the original small diameter short choked barrel must have some harmonics problems when shooting the MP slugs, basically I came to this conclusion because when i shoot my K1 .22 with MP slugs it's accurrate and can be pushed beyond 1000fps. the .25 on the other hand lost accuracy even with the slugs above 900fps. i have yet to chrony (by the sound its about 850fps) with the new barrel as i am in a shoot it a bunch of times to get the barrel and mechanism all settled in and then chrony and dial in some settings.

I just reassembled my K1 .25 with an unchoked 16MM OD LW barrel and so far its seems to be an improvement, I say this because at 20 yards without even sighting in i am shooting consitent groups with my MP slugs. the reasoning for this change was after looking at and shooting with the original barrel my thoughts were that the original small diameter short choked barrel must have some harmonics problems when shooting the MP slugs, basically I came to this conclusion because when i shoot my K1 .22 with MP slugs it's accurrate and can be pushed beyond 1000fps. the .25 on the other hand lost accuracy even with the slugs above 900fps. i have yet to chrony (by the sound its about 850fps) with the new barrel as i am in a shoot it a bunch of times to get the barrel and mechanism all settled in and then chrony and dial in some settings.

With the K1 in 25 caliber shooting with the MP slug you should be able to get 920 FPS

with a stock gun thats set at 18-19 MPA and still have a few clicks on the power wheel.

Although not a Huben, I am shooting the .25 48 gr MP Huben bullets that I cast in a Rainstorm II with a 19.5" L/W barrel unchoked at 930-960fps. is very accurate. In fact, it is one of my most accurate bullets I have.

However, I did find that as cast, they could be better. I sized down to .221 in the NOE sizers and it is now dead nuts accurate. Slugs simply have to be sized to fit the barrel being used. Not two ways about it I have learned this true and fast rule after shooting slugs in AG, for quite a few years now. Lube, such as 10 wt rc shock oil aids accuracy tremendously, bu nothing beats fire lapping and hand polishing the bore.

Mine went from 35-45 shots before loosing accuracy to 120-130 after the lapping and polish. Now after man slugs down range, it is up to 300-400 before needing a cleaning with nothing more than a dry patch.

Good Luck with the Huben. Interesting concept!

Knife.

Knifemaker

Ydunn,

I have chrony checked the 46 grain Huben slugs at 935fps avg, acuracy seems good so long as lot my slugs by diameter, weight. So looking at the design, springs and chamber volumes and then comparing the the 22 to the 25 huben side by side gives me the impression that its a 22 and that is why it performs so well as a 22. As a 25 even the small diameter change makes this perform so differently. 

K.