• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben K1 .22 ????

I just got one. I've been shooting it a lot. I have not been having any leaks. Accuracy is there, but not to the extent of my other rifles. To the degree of what kind of hit on accuracy...I'm still trying to figure out. The accuracy issue seems to be much smallerthan I expected.

Power is amazing. Such a small gun should not be this powerful. Jsb beasts at 1060! Crazy.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Reactions: Stackofhay
Hi Mike,

I have 2020 version K1, shoots a lot of slugs with this gun. Very powerful for being so compact and accurate. I’m shootings JSB 25.39 gr redesigned and slugs. So far I’ve tested H&N slugs and D-Rig Varmint Knockers 28.5 gr HP-Slugs, both over 150 years with very good accuracy. No issues with the gun!!! 

check out my video on YouTube under Air Sniper. 

https://youtu.be/4wz4z_-7T38

1589405836_744379075ebc688c0e5448.83425103.jpg

Alright here are my 50 groups with Huben K1 with jsb 18 @870fps. There was heavy wind. Top two groups were with a cleaner barrel and less wind. Bottom two were with heavier wind dirtier barrel. Bottom two were on camera, plus some 100y steel.

https://youtu.be/ls0FaEYwQ_o

I was planning on shooting slugs only with this gun. But, with a 110bar regulator and the gun being extremely efficient, I'm going to go with it as a pellet gun. Over 100 shots with a 4500 fill at this setting, still at 30fpe. With a low tank I can still hunt.

I have two 2018 versions and they are shooters with 25 gr JSB. I also tried a couple slugs in mine and the VK 28.5 gr .223 slug shoots pretty dang good but the Huben 33 gr slug shoots even better. However I am keeping one set up for the 25 gr at 925 and my second one is being set up with 18 gr jsb at 900 for my main bird pesting gun. It is an absolute tack driver with the 18's.

I shot 7 or 8 different Hubens from 2016 and 2018 and all of them shot very good with the 25 gr jsb. Between five of us guys we have nine Hubens all in .22. I think we like them.

Huben k1 needs some adjustments to develop 100% of its performance.

The first point is its suppressor, it when original and new works until well but after some time of use it is no longer efficient because it absorbs a lot of waste and ends up interfering in the precision (generating flayers).

Another point to be analyzed is whether the alignment between the barrel and the magazine is perfect, if not, it will cause damage to the pellet at the time of firing and this creates a lack of precision.

In some cases there are imperfections in the magazine and even in the block that end up damaging the lead, generating inaccuracy as well. In this case it is simple, just polish these parts (magazine on both sides and the block with the lead passes as the magazine turns)

The barrel of the k1 has a diameter pattern above the average of the other pcps, so pellets with a head diameter of less than 5.52 do not perform well.

I will agree with randy_68. They are very well built semi auto pcp's. My 1st one is setup to shoot 25gr JSB redesigns at 905-910fps very accurately with no issues. My 2nd one loves the 18gr JSB's one 3/8" groups at 35-40yds. Not pellet picky can shoot 25gr JSB, 33gr. Huben slugs, or 18gr. JSB with no issues. Triggers can be adjusted down very nicely for a semi auto. Great hunting rifles.

I have a 2020 model with the .223 barrel. They are not chocked, but do still shoots the pellets fairly well. Likes the redesigned 25gr monsters best. Did a .3 something 5 shot fifty yard group with them. Probably best accuracy with these pellets is around 950fps or a bit less. 

I haven't tested for accuracy with the slugs yet. Have shot the Neilson 36gr slugs at 985fps with this gun. Lots of power! And, as someone in this thread pointed out, if you turn down the power, you can get a crazy amount of shots from one fill. I shoot the JSB 14.3gr pellets at around 775fps for blasting away at steel gongs fun. 

To the OP, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this rifle. 

Chas

I agree with Petrovivs about those issues and getting the most accuracy out of the Huben. I've worked on and tuned several for friends and addressed those issues and a couple others. There are at least three different hammer spring set ups, different barrels, different regs, and different power valves. 

A lot of the problems are with mis adjusted regs and power valves. Most of these need the reg at 120 bar for minimum setting.. some will work with less but most won't. The mag to barrel alignment needs to be perfect or it will deform pellets and cause accuracy issues as he stated above.. Once they are set right they are awesome shooters. The last one i set up shoots 18 gr jsb,25 gr jsb and Huben slugs great. At different settings of course.

Hubens are very well made and engineered but there is always room for improvement. No different than any other high dollar pcp that people buy and then tinker with and change things .

I say buy one. You will love it. They are lots of fun for sure.

I think that is my struggle with it....I am not a tinkerer.

I like guns I can grab and shoot and know with pellet X it will do what I want it to do.

I love the power out put and love the design and shot count but for me it would be set at one place to perform best with one pellet which I have many many PCPs that do that now....

I like that it is semi auto but all the adjustability I am afraid I would screw it up!!..

Hi Mike,

I have 2020 version K1, shoots a lot of slugs with this gun. Very powerful for being so compact and accurate. I’m shootings JSB 25.39 gr redesigned and slugs. So far I’ve tested H&N slugs and D-Rig Varmint Knockers 28.5 gr HP-Slugs, both over 150 years with very good accuracy. No issues with the gun!!! 

check out my video on YouTube under Air Sniper. 

https://youtu.be/4wz4z_-7T38

hi song55, I had a look at H&N website and their 30g slugs come in differenr diameters ( .217 / 5.51 mm or .218 / 5.53 mm) - which did you find most accurate with K1?