Huben Huben issue

If a $2000 Huben gives you problems, it means that the semiauto designs are not very reliable at this time no matter the price.

I strongly disagree - you have to take it in context. All mechanical things are subject to wear and have limitations on what they can do. Use them enough, or operate outside the limitations and problems will eventually occur. That does not mean the whole class of things are bad.

I don't think I had an issue with my Huben until I had close to 5000 rounds through it, and then I caused it with undersized slugs. At around 10,000 rounds it needed some maintenance, and again at around 20,000 rounds or so. Yes, I really have shot it that much - I have no other airgun with even close to that many rounds through it.

So were there any problems along the way? Yes. Was the gun perfectly reliable? No. Was it as reliable as pretty much anything else I have. Absolutely.

Hi and thanks for your reply and much appreciated,
as far as i could tell i doubt it was a deformed or over sized slug as these Altros slugs and the size used are manufactured for the Huben K1 and i do check them when loading i also have the reg set to circa 190 bar and its punching the 50g Altros slugs at 970-977 fps this equates to 108FT Lbs so i doubt the slug was held up anywhere,
i,m no expert so may be wrong but thanks anyway….

@Turbo911 Good to read that you got the issue sorted out. Considering that you’re in the UK and you mentioned shooting 50 grain Altaros slugs in the 970s fps range, your rifle is an FAC version of the Huben K1. With that said, shipping to the US for service would likely be very expensive, so Spain would probably be a better option if no one in country works on them. My question is, how big of a hassle is it to get an FAC airgun like the Huben through your country’s version of customs and back into your hands if you need to ship an airgun out or country to be serviced?

Just got my gun back from Kelly similar problem destroyed the valve and a bunch of things. First don't ever fire the gun when it goes to that symptom. you're going to pile up pellets in the barrel and they're going to break. You need to pull the Shroud off and see if you got pieces of pellet up in your baffles. I guarantee you're going to. I had a pellet break apart, I'm convinced, and it left particles in my shroud where following pellets struck them causing them to break.it nearly plugged solid. I'm convinced it all starts with a damaged or defective projectile causing a cascading failure.

Have you tried playing with the two trigger adjustment screws in the rear of the action?I think your problem may be that the increased weight of the mag with the heavier slugs makes it harder for the air to advance the mag after each shot. After a few shots it gets stuck between cylinders and jams. The mag turning is related to the those rear trigger adjustment screws. If you try to make the trigger too light, you start to get the buzzing and mag jamming because trigger reset and mag advancement is all related. I suggest trying to turn those screws in a couple turns each and then try shooting the altaros slugs with a full mag. If that fixes it you can gradually make trigger lighter, being careful not to go too far to induce problems. The trigger bar could also cause the reset problems if adjusted too short as to eliminate stage 1. These are just my observations while trying to make my trigger as light as possible. Hope this helps

Reactions: Scotty1
@Turbo911 Good to read that you got the issue sorted out. Considering that you’re in the UK and you mentioned shooting 50 grain Altaros slugs in the 970s fps range, your rifle is an FAC version of the Huben K1. With that said, shipping to the US for service would likely be very expensive, so Spain would probably be a better option if no one in country works on them. My question is, how big of a hassle is it to get an FAC airgun like the Huben through your country’s version of customs and back into your hands if you need to ship an airgun out or country to be serviced?
Hi sorry i,m not in the uk as per my profile i live in Spain and purchased my K1 from Huben shop spain along with my Leishy 2 plus scopes/mounts/upgrade parts a lot of money spent but next to no help from Francisco emails ignored (after he whatsapped me to send him a email) and the odd whatsapp message exchanged deeply disappointed i needed some help and small amount of involvement but nothing back i,m seriously thinking of a Epoch to add to my collection but pretty sure would go to krale….

Just got my gun back from Kelly similar problem destroyed the valve and a bunch of things. First don't ever fire the gun when it goes to that symptom. you're going to pile up pellets in the barrel and they're going to break. You need to pull the Shroud off and see if you got pieces of pellet up in your baffles. I guarantee you're going to. I had a pellet break apart, I'm convinced, and it left particles in my shroud where following pellets struck them causing them to break.it nearly plugged solid. I'm convinced it all starts with a damaged or defective projectile causing a cascading failure.
I have checked there was nothing in the barrel i even bought a bore scope to check i have today put another 6-8 full mags through it with no problem on cycling but i have big accuracy problems now even clipped the mod a couple of times so more investigation needed. Both times i had the lock up with the Altros the slugs were damaged the same way will post a pic up.

Have you tried playing with the two trigger adjustment screws in the rear of the action?I think your problem may be that the increased weight of the mag with the heavier slugs makes it harder for the air to advance the mag after each shot. After a few shots it gets stuck between cylinders and jams. The mag turning is related to the those rear trigger adjustment screws. If you try to make the trigger too light, you start to get the buzzing and mag jamming because trigger reset and mag advancement is all related. I suggest trying to turn those screws in a couple turns each and then try shooting the altaros slugs with a full mag. If that fixes it you can gradually make trigger lighter, being careful not to go too far to induce problems. The trigger bar could also cause the reset problems if adjusted too short as to eliminate stage 1. These are just my observations while trying to make my trigger as light as possible. Hope this helps
I havent touched the trigger adjustment but it makes sense what you are saying i will look into it further,
muchas gracias for your help guys…………

This is one of the damaged Altros slugs me thinks some force to do this in the cycling mechanism

IMG_7044.jpeg

Reactions: Stubbers
How many shots do you have through the gun? There is a small leaf spring - part #43 - that is involved in advancing the mag that can become weak enough after around 20,000 shots to cause what your picture shows. However, that would happen with all types of ammo, especially ammo that previously shot with no issues.

I had that happen on mine, and a new leaf spring solved the problem - of course the diagnosis came from Kelly.

If it only happens with that one ammo, then the issue is the ammo . . . been there done that too . . .

Thanks all,
I only have the issue with the one ammo i have now put 20 plus mags through with the Zans and no cycling issues since the Altros slugs problem, So i,m thinking deadlands might be correct with the trigger adjustment, From new bet there’s not a thousand rounds through it and it has been perfect before, I could replace the leaf spring as a matter of eliminating it but was hoping not to strip back to far,
Weevil i saw your Huben posts so this is part of what put me onto the Altros slugs,
Keyman you were correct good few slices of lead found in the baffles 🤦‍♂️
Still no reply from Francisco 🤦
i,m hoping that when i contact Kelly he can sort me ….

Well you told me so but A REAL BIG THANKS TO KELLY he stands to gain next to nothing from me due to our different locations in the world but gave me his time and expertise my accuracy with the zans is back big time and a good pointer in to where i was going wrong with the Altaros slugs,
Kelly all the best to you thanks

Well you told me so but A REAL BIG THANKS TO KELLY he stands to gain next to nothing from me due to our different locations in the world but gave me his time and expertise my accuracy with the zans is back big time and a good pointer in to where i was going wrong with the Altaros slugs,
Kelly all the best to you thanks
Do you mind sharing your findings on how to you got it back to shooting great?

yeah defo as Kerman had said i dont know why but i was clipping the baffles in the shroud maybe caused by a dodgy slug ?, And kelly pointed out that the smooth Altaros slugs are much better suited to the K1 i was using the ribbed
The bands on the Altaros are quite prominent and I imagine they can catch on the barrel when shot from the mag, causing a major deformation of the slug.

The bands on the Altaros are quite prominent and I imagine they can catch on the barrel when shot from the mag, causing a major deformation of the slug.
Yeah this all makes sense for the jam ups and the baffle clipping makes me wonder why Altaros market them as Huben slugs if they dont work well they dont in my Huben…