Huben Huben issue

Hi,
yesterday i got my Huben K1 out as just got my hands on some Altros slugs, i shot a few mags off the other day but the wind was good yesterday so thought i would do some accuracy testing the first shot i pulled the trigger and nothing then after a few seconds the K1 fired by itself, following that i carefully released 3 shots and all good and the 4th shot i got a massive blast of air to the face from the magazine area and the rifle was jammed up no movement from the mag, trigger was stuck too,
I have stripped the k1 down to the point of the main receiver is still intact as a bit unsure on if i need to go further and also there was a damaged slug stuck in the magazine which looked to me as if the mag had tried to cycle and the slug had moved its position in the mag and jammed everything up which i,m surprised at as these .254 Altros slugs fit tight in the mag, So far everything looks ok but can anyone help to point me in direction for what kind of issue i,m looking for and if it will be in the receiver housing ??

Disclaimer: This is an over-the-internet diagnosis from someone not experienced with the K1, so take it with a grain of salt before expert chimes in.

My prognosis is the initial shot that lagged for a few seconds was a very tight slug, be it in the mag or few inches of the bore, and it took some pressure build up, more than typical, before the valve truly fired.

Possible causes to that:

1) Leaded bead
2) Oversized projectile/slug for bore
3) Slug deformation

As to what happened on the fourth, was possible the excess pressure beyond that is typical from your regulator may have caused slight damage to the valve, be it a return spring or o-ring, hopefully a K1 expert chimes in, until this consider this a bumperoo to the top.

-Matt

Reactions: Vortecsix
Hi and thanks for your reply and much appreciated,
as far as i could tell i doubt it was a deformed or over sized slug as these Altros slugs and the size used are manufactured for the Huben K1 and i do check them when loading i also have the reg set to circa 190 bar and its punching the 50g Altros slugs at 970-977 fps this equates to 108FT Lbs so i doubt the slug was held up anywhere,
i,m no expert so may be wrong but thanks anyway….

If the mag is a little loose, which happens over time, you can push them in too far such that the tip hangs out enough to catch on the action as the mag rotates.

Certainly your problem is a jam, and they are rarer with slugs, but more “calamitous” because slugs are solid whereas pellets will shear if you wrestle the stuck magazine. Take care loading and observe the slugs in the mag as you shoot for a while.

I think that under recoil, the projectiles can move forward, and the pellets or slugs sticking out the the front jam the magazine and prevent it from rotating, and you get blasted. I know there was another thread about it. Did you search the forums? Are you seating your projectiles?

It has not happened to me with my Sidewinder, but I think it can with any semi-auto airgun, so I carry a Hanes 3 pack in my range bag.

The previous posters are correct. Kelly can can walk you through removing the barrel, clearing the jam, and tell you all the possible causes. If it starts to happen more frequently, you may have to send to him to find a cure. Just know it has happened to others, and it can be fixed.
Hi I did read that thread as i follow Huben closely, i dont seat my slugs just push them flush with my finger but the Altros Huben slugs do fill the mag so i,m agreeing it could be down to recoil has jumped the next slug slightly forward, i have it stripped so might as well clean the barrel and reassemble and hopefully havent blown any rings or seals,

thanks very much for your input..

Looks like i have found the problem,
i rebuilt the Huben, charged it to 300 bar reloaded the Altros slugs and started to shoot over the chronny after my 4th shot same issue again blast to the face and full jam up so i stripped and rebuilt again and loaded my original ammo ZAN .253-38g slugs (Francisco recommended these when i purchased the K1) and again started my set up over the chronny and have shot 6 full mags without a single issue so I’m pretty sure the Altros .254-50g slugs are the issue, perhaps because they are heavier they cause more recoil and the remaining slugs in the mag jump forward or backward causing the jam and problem, For me the Altros slugs dont like my Huben so i will stick with the ZANS, Gota say i got it well dialled in and its super accurate again to 100yds plus….

Reactions: Vortecsix
My AEA HP SS semiauto has more problems than any other air gun I have ever owned, but it was about $300 used.

If a $2000 Huben gives you problems, it means that the semiauto designs are not very reliable at this time no matter the price.
I would like to think i could disagree with you but i don't think i can, I also have a Leishy 2 and this had cycling issues from almost new I eventually found the little ball thing had broken up and when replaced it cycles fine having said that i don't like it so don't really use it but it looks good in the gun rack, The Huben is a bit more strange as i posted if i use my original slugs i have absolutely no issues only when i switched to the heavier Altros slugs the problem came about, I,m still trying to understand why as there are other Huben owners on AGN who use the Altros 50-51g slugs so either something is not good in the Huben workings or i,m creating the problem with my settings to use the heavier slugs,
Anyone care to post their settings and speeds/power with the Altros so i can do some more testing ?,