• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Hammerless K1

35 g hornady v-max works. You will need to cut off plastic tip and size it. You’ll also will need non choked barrel.

Brass jacketed boat tail has no advantage for near sonic velocities:

internal ballistics - needs too much air to engage rifling, hard to control exit velocity.
exthermal ballistics - hevy butt makes it unstable, need a lot of rpm.
terminal ballistics - no deformation or explosion, just nice round hole.

A tinker's dream...I wish I had one of these just to pass the time tinkering with different projectiles and regulator settings! I would be willing to bet Hunter's Supply could come up with some cast boolits that would shoot lights out accurate. They make some of most uniform cast stuff I have ever purchased...their cast boolits look like each one was hand polished! Someone should send the guy at Hunter's Supply one of these so he can develop something for it. Who wants to wait around for Huben to make their stuff available?

0010c7839199ecc1c2caa5d7e9969231.jpg

How's about this .224? By rough calculation it ought to be shorter than 11mm. 

Stumbled across an odd Huben video on Youtube. Part shoot 'em up, part pasted in Huben promotional video, part really neat cut-away animation of the firing sequence. The firing sequence is at 40 to 60 seconds, well worth studying at slow playback speed.

Edit:prior video seems to be copied from the following video. This one has some animated CAD assembly animation:

Hello everyone
I have a question for everyone and in particular for Peku since I read is post on December 15th. I got a Huben K-1 in the last September and from then until now I have read everything or almost everything that is available on the net, starting with the videos of Gregor on Youtube to the various post here, namely of WlBryce, which together made my learning in this weapon much more faster. However, and if from 170 bars up to 200 bars is relatively easy, in the space between 120bar to 150bar is much more difficult, that is, the less the pressure, the harder it is to find the higher speed before those huge air discharges.
I have achieved excellent results with JSB Beast pellets up to 150mt. and with the H & N Baracuda Match up to 100mt.
I prefer these ones just for the sake of security, seeing the space where I shoot.
In Peku's post on December 15th, I looked at the various photos and I would like, if possible, more information of the procedures, the measures, the materials, etc., because I am interested in experiencing this modification. At lowest pressures, my weapon takes after each shot some time to recover, and if I insist before recovering the selected pressure, the speed begins to rise and the third or fourth shot, PFFF there goes a lot of wasted air. That is my question, how to avoid that and manage better the air.
I have also read that Huben should have manufactured this weapon at .25 cal., or .30 cal., (opinions I respect and I can even agree) however the power it has at .22 cal., already makes it basically banned in many countries in Europe. Only the fact that the power is adjustable puts it within the legal parameters. Maybe that was the strategy followed.
Regards to all, good shots, and early thanks to Peku for any information he may provide.

cescalda59
and everyone airgunman
The K1 problem is that it is designed for high power. I have modified K1 to cut normal airgun pelets (exact heavy-exact monster) normal power-220-300m / s to 60J. Regulator 100-150bar -max.
After the firing, the valves do not close the barrel. There is a 0.2mm gap. Valves are closed and new air and increasing pressure flowing from the regulator.
I do not understand why the Chinese designers suggested the valve. Since I have defined the gap, I can not see the air escaping. Consistency shoot is much better.
Warning. The accuracy of K1 does not lead to the description. Orginal barrel is not good for a light pelets. I have a slight degree of drilling. I use the HW100 weihrauch modified. And now I'm going to test lothar-walter, which is definitely better. I also use LW on my FX cutlas and it is no competition. LW cuts the diameters of the ordered 615x12 mm.
Excuse me. I do not speak English, so it is quite difficult to explain some problems with the translator.

Many thanks Peku. I also have some problems with my English (I'm from Portugal...) and the translator in technical terms is not very reliable. I'll try to follow your scheme. My Huben came from the Czech Republic, "Ballista", and being from the last series, they assured me (and Huben too) that already as installed an LW barrel. In fact it's very accurate, at least with the JSB Beast, H & N Baracuda Match, and Predator. Already with the Exact Heavy lately the things does no run so well, but I attribute the problem to the last 10 cans of 500 that I acquired. It seems like there are not two identical pellets in each can. My FX has the same problem with that pellets, and my Jkhan (LW barrel also) the same...
Let's see if I can make that upgrade!
Best regards.
cescalda59

Hi to all of the fellow airgunners over here, as a small introduction I'm Alejandro a Physical Therapist from Puerto Montt, Chile in South America, I've been reeding this thread for a long looong time now and never (for lost of things) had the time to register in Airgunnation Forums, well now I'm in and thank you all for the welcome.
To what matters now, I'm also a Huben K1 V2 owner for 1/2 year almost, I bought it after I sold my FX Impact .22 and .30 cal, this past few month It's been heaven and hell with this platform, trying to get to know the gun, finding the right pellet, and all that Jazz !! as always looking after the so desirable "SWEETSPOT", made some progress with lot's of external help mainly to all of you in this thread, Gregor, Diaz, to name a few.
Also all other threads for other forums (there's a very informative one form South Africa this is the link: https://www.airrifle.co.za/threads/45890-Huben-K1-Owners?s=200071db94862f654261716e83405e97).
Well to resume the story, I'm going to star posting with comments, pellets that I've tested and my experience with the rifle so to be a positive member to this community.

Best Regards.

"Unkownone83"Just wondering why you sold your impact.
Hi, I had the Impact for a long time (I got one of the first iterations, ergo, more glitches) and in the last couple of month It was becoming a pain in the butt having to change O'rings, and taking the hole thing apart, has I mention before I live in the South of Chile and there aren't a lot of airgun gunsmiths or FX airgun authorized repair shop in the country, so I had to do everything by myself, importing stuff, spending a lot of money, time effort, etc, looking at bright side o things It gave me a whole lot of knowledge to understand various things in the airgun world, then came along the Huben and since I didn't want to get a .25 so at that time I thought Huben was going to release there bullet for the gun, and as you may know here we are !!
I still have hopes for the platform and I believe that not everything is lost with the rifle, so I'll keep at it, reading and trying to get to the sweet spot with the rifle. Plus, with the money I sold the Impact I bought the Huben and a Umarex Gauntlet and that's working like a charm for 50 to 70 yards tops, great for the distances that I usually hunt.
That's the story, I bit long I guess jejejeje.