Huben Hammerless K1

Hi, thought I'd share my latest results with my Huben v2:

1543175177_20019902765bfafc09cc8ac3.89488219_20181113_205253.jpg

I've been shooting the Huben slugs at 294m/s with really good results, untill it went bad;

First I had 2 times the air blowing out via the magazine and pellet stuck in the barrel. Maybe due to that red spring taking a set???

So what's the link for ordering these aliexpress springs?

After that, the back plate simply broke!

1543175405_4947835165bfafced789523.64877305_20181125_161307.jpg

1543175533_17851367135bfafd6db2d748.66865469_20181125_161320.jpg

I hope this will be a warranty issue...

Looks like your barrel gets dirty and slug get stuck so 3k psi of air can not move slug anymore. So pressurized air rips that plate.

You’re lucky as that plate is less than inch away from your neck.

I had similar issues with brass jacketed bullets with my preproduction Huben but in my case air escaped via mag air gap - not pleasant feeling to neck either.

Looks like after 3 years of development they never tested stuck projectile - very basic test for any gun manufacturer.

" Looks like your barrel gets dirty and slug get stuck so 3k psi of air can not move slug anymore. So pressurized air rips that plate. "

I've been vaguely thinking about this rifle for a while ( fortunately a .22rf seems more practical but, airguns are fun ), have study what I can from internet postings only & hadnt thought about this possible design flaw, assuming this is correct information about the design YIKES! 

I've had a pellet lodge in the barrel of a DAQ .458 & fortunately that rig was ( but not the original) designed to withstand this event. And it still was very unnerving and I took steps to ensure it didnt happen again - no more un-sized ammo straight from a seller-.

So facts? Please.

" Looks like after 3 years of development they never tested stuck projectile – very basic test for any gun manufacturer "

Is this correct information/understanding of this design? 

Or is there somewhere safe for air to vent?

Thank you,

John

Hello, it seems there is confusion regarding v1 and v2.

First of all, who came up with this versioning? In my opinion, there is no such thing as versioning of this rifle. It's a continuous process of manufacturing/design upgrades. 

Second of all, which differences separate a v1 from a v2?

• The barrel used: v1 unknown ; v2 Lothar Walther
  • The logo on the top (v1) vs side (v2)?

My failed Huben indeed has the logo on the top, but according to Fred (= importer for Netherlands), it has the LW barrel:

Er zijn 3 (DRIE !!!!) versies. 
new2.gif

De eerste versie, met serienummers 16B0001-0050 (in NL verspreid) plus nog 10 met mij onbekende nummering via een grijs circuit. 
Kenmerk van de loop: fabrikaat onbekend, waarschijnlijk Chinees, met luchtloop-choke, demper-schroefdraad (12x1), frame-schroefdraad (12x1) en 3-punts verstelbare verjongde kamerzijde.
Kenmerk van het klepblok: aan de rechterzijde een rechthoekig montageluikje; heel handig maar duur om te maken.
Er zijn een paar van deze buksen in omloop die achteraf een LW .22lr loop ingepast hebben gekregen. 

De tweede versie, met serienummers 16B0279 - 16B0339 (idem).
Kenmerk van de loop: LW luchtloop met bijbehorende standaard LW choke, geen draad aan de voorzijde; ophanging aan de achterzijde als eerste versie
Een aantal van deze buksen is naderhand voorzien van een LW .22lr loop met dezelfde ophanging (NL uitvoering) danwel een dikkere LW .22lr loop zonder shroud (Oostblokker)

De derde versie, met serienummers 17B0001 - 0051 (in NL; in Belgie hogere nummers).
Kenmerk van de loop: LW .22lr loop; dus niet gechoked.
Kenmerk van de ophanging van de loop: nacentreren niet meer mogelijk.
Kenmerk van het magazijn: de pelletkanalen zijn gegroefd.

Fred

Source:

https://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?/topic/113276-hoe-zit-dat-ondertussen-met-de-huben/

So before saying that my failed Huben is a v1, please clarify my statements above. As long as it is not clarified, I stick to Fred's statement quoted above and than I have a v2 with a LW barrel.

To give an update regarding the failure, it seems Fred has only witnessed this once before and he said Huben wants the valveblock for further investigation. 

My Huben will be repaired (a new valveblock will be placed)

i have had my huben mk4 for a month now and the regulator jumps all over the place still - about 200 shots through it. first shot say 920fps then 2nd shot 890fps then 3rd shot 860fps and then pretty stable after that - its just the first few shots - hoping this will settle down? any thoughts?

on a side note take a look at some of these huben self-maintenance videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCauBILEysQ0Z78QHqcbzqfg

i have had my huben mk4 for a month now and the regulator jumps all over the place still - about 200 shots through it. first shot say 920fps then 2nd shot 890fps then 3rd shot 860fps and then pretty stable after that - its just the first few shots - hoping this will settle down? any thoughts? on a side note take a look at some of these huben self-maintenance videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCauBILEysQ0Z78QHqcbzqfg

Is your regulator set at 170 bar , try setting it 175 bar and then let it settle in from there ,

and set the power wheel so it will be shooting somewhere around 970-980 fps . 

When you get large fps spread from shot to shot it means the gun is probably not set up right .

Keep shooting it because most Hubens do not even shoot well until 400-500 rounds are through it .

Hi All,

I have a huben MK4 .22 and it is shooting realy good. If there is anything I would like to change about the gun then it it is trigger.

In one of Gregor's video's, he explains how the trigger can be adjusted, bat that is the MK1 with the huben logo still on top. 

Does anyone have experpience with adjusting the trigger from versions mk2-mk4? I think the steps would apply to these versions.

Thanks,

Wimpy.