Huben Hammerless K1

Hello, Alejandroo and everyone else :), glad to hear you are recovering and posting your findings. I just wanted to comment one thing regarding regulator: Yes, I used ))(())((... for a long time. But that configuration has problems with lower pressures, actually, it only worked well around 150 - 180 bars. Now I have both K1 set to original configuration (I have not tried yours yet...). The thing that contributed most to consistency in my regulator is the new plastic seal (first it was black and later it was gray). I actually made my own seal form PEEK and I saw an improvement right away... I actually installed this seal also in Matt's K1 and just one week after (without discussing with Huben), Huben sent me their new seal that was also made of PEEK (PEEK is a very high quality plastic, POM is the cheaper plastic that is usually used for this applications - valves, high pressure seals,...).
BTW: Huben also has new type of seals for the main valve that is also made of PEEK. I have not tested those yet (soon...) but Huben claims that not only does it solve main valve leaks, it also improves consistency of the velocity... I will send more info when I test it... More coming up on my channel...

Hi Gregor, good news about your progress, looking forward for your new posts and videos, I'll set the washers in the original configuration and make more test with it, in the meantime I'm preparing a new update with string data and grouping analysis that I'll post later on and I'll formulate some sort of hypothesis with my time in this accuracy issue predicament.
All the best to all

Alejandro 

"Gregor"Hello, Alejandroo and everyone else :), glad to hear you are recovering and posting your findings. I just wanted to comment one thing regarding regulator: Yes, I used ))(())((... for a long time. But that configuration has problems with lower pressures, actually, it only worked well around 150 - 180 bars. Now I have both K1 set to original configuration (I have not tried yours yet...). The thing that contributed most to consistency in my regulator is the new plastic seal (first it was black and later it was gray). I actually made my own seal form PEEK and I saw an improvement right away... I actually installed this seal also in Matt's K1 and just one week after (without discussing with Huben), Huben sent me their new seal that was also made of PEEK (PEEK is a very high quality plastic, POM is the cheaper plastic that is usually used for this applications - valves, high pressure seals,...).
BTW: Huben also has new type of seals for the main valve that is also made of PEEK. I have not tested those yet (soon...) but Huben claims that not only does it solve main valve leaks, it also improves consistency of the velocity... I will send more info when I test it... More coming up on my channel...
Hi Gregor, what channel are you talking about " More coming up on my channel" Regards, Tom

"PelletPusher"Hi everyone, what are changes coming up in Huber v3? Did they figure out how to feed the pellets without losing accuracy?
Hi there, to me there's nothing new at the moment, maybe Gregor has some new info or breakthrough with the rifle, in my part I'm still very limited to do testing because of my left arm but as soon as I can I'll give more info, in the meantime I got in contact with some people in Brasil (Petrovivs) and in Argentina that may have a solution for all of are accuracy problems.
I'll post all the info about it as I get results, just have to be patient and give some more time to my left arm to heal properly.

Bye bye to all and keep in touch.

Alejandro

Hi tkerrigan,
I am talking about my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7YKBPg7Zv3B5JPbAar35qA

In my mind, the accuracy "problem" will be solved when we have available a projectile that works. I do not think this will be pellet shape design. I am working on options for swagging dies and molds that will work well. I am very close to really good results and when I have them, I will share them and you will be able to buy tools to make them your self. My hope is that some manufacture will see that this is a good idea and start making them so there will be also be possible to purchase pellets / slugs off the shelf.

"Gregor"Hi tkerrigan,
I am talking about my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7YKBPg7Zv3B5JPbAar35qA
In my mind, the accuracy "problem" will be solved when we have available a projectile that works. I do not think this will be pellet shape design. I am working on options for swagging dies and molds that will work well. I am very close to really good results and when I have them, I will share them and you will be able to buy tools to make them your self. My hope is that some manufacture will see that this is a good idea and start making them so there will be also be possible to purchase pellets / slugs off the shelf.

It seems like Huben needs to add a side-lever pellet probe and let go of the semi-auto feature, because revolver action in a rifle cannot provide accuracy.

It is also possible to add a semi-auto probe operated by battery and tiny motor! Piston action battery-operated probe would cost like $5 to manufacture in China.

"tkerrigan"Hi again, Gregor. I have downloaded all of your YouTube productions that apply to my K1 -1. It has an air leak and I'm waiting on the new seals to shake out before I work on it. Does your disassembly assembly video cover installing these seals? Regards, Tom
Hi Tom, here's something that might help you!!!!, this are a few new repair videos on the Huben that I caught the other day.

Alejandro, thanks for stepping in.
There is one issue that you can have when installing the new type of the seal (the light gray harder plastic type). The tool for inserting the seal is designed for old softer seal and can cause problems when installing the new type of seal:The problem is that the plastic part of the seal does not seat on the inserting tool properly because the inner edge of the inserting tool is not sharp enough... Before the modification:

After modification:

Also important, it is not possible to get the new seal out with the removal tool as this hard plastic is so tight that the tool slips out and the seal remains in its position. There are other ways to remove the seal but you have to remove the whole action and I pushed the seal out form the front side (from the magazine side...) but not with the removal tool, you need to use a small flat screwdriver with sharp edge or something similar, but be careful not to starch the surface of the inside of the action where the seal lies...

Hope this helps.

"Gregor"PelletPusher; you are right, Huben needs a pellet pusher :) That would definitely be a solution for shooting pellets, but I would prefer to have a mechanical solution.
tkerrigan; if you are talking about replacing the main firing valve seal, it is not in my video... But let me know when you receive the seals, I will give you some instructions...

Funny. Everyone here thought Gregor was totally satisfied with Huben 's accuracy.

Now, we realize that Gregor is also seeking a mechanical solution to the accuracy problem