Huben Huben - GK1 - Taming The Bark

So what happened to the original taming the bark thread? It had a ton of good stuff in there and just disappeared.
I just got a custom made shroud and suppressor from Neil Clague and I wanted to offer up an extra shroud for sale (.22). Why did he make me 2 you may ask? The reason is his attention to craftsmanship, quality and function while trying best to tame my helium monster. He made one screw on and the other slip on with set screws to hold it in place. Both are identical in looks and function other than the two set screws, which is the one I am going to try and sell for him. In other words, I want the buyer to paypal Neil the funds and I will ship the shroud to the buyer. Neil made two and only charged me for one. He would normaly charge $165 plus shipping so that is what I am trying to get for him. $165 but I will pay for the shipping. The shroud is a little longer than the barrel for optimum function, has a removeable end cap with 1/2-20 UNF threads for a suppressor. If nobody wants it at that price then make an offer, anything would be better than the $0 he has for it now. You would just need to verify the o.d. of your barrel, this one was made for a barrel diameter .478”
IMG_0566.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG

Coulda / shoulda done the new shroud in the same or similar carbon fiber pattern as on the air cylinder ! Make it look like the shroud was planned, not just a cheap add-on.
At least a little like the "Bullysyclone" muffler on mine. I like the shorter overall length of the new shroud, but...

View attachment 452560

Mike
He gave me the option of CF but I preferred the aluminum. Just me, I don't have a need to have things match. But, if I could get the CF cover off the titanium air tank, I would do that. I'm just not a big fan of the CF look.

He gave me the option of CF but I preferred the aluminum. Just me, I don't have a need to have things match. But, if I could get the CF cover off the titanium air tank, I would do that. I'm just not a big fan of the CF look.
I agree. I don't care for the CF look. I always find it odd that people like it. I use it for light weight and strength, but certainly not for looks.

How long is that LDC? In addition to the functional shroud he made me one also. But it is 1-3/4" diameter and 9-12" long.
IMG_20240320_085229212_copy_3000x2250.jpg

The 1.25" is 12" he was going to go 10" on it, but said the extra 2" would make it more effective given the small diameter, and of course he nailed it once again..

1-3/4" one he made a while back

Reactions: RAMJET66
I am using the 2.75" most of the time; the same design is available in 4.5" and 6.5"

These look like they were designed for the GK1 and work great!

Here are some more pictures:

View attachment 452811
FYI, I find that the 2.75" shorty that Subscriber designed and Torquemaster can provide you is my favorite. It is small, provides a clean look visually as if it was a factory option and tames the bark enough for me to shoot in my backyard. Yes the 4.5" and 6.5" are quieter but when you start adding that length to the pistol is seems to be a bit too long for a pistol. I am using with the .25 set at 810 FPS and works great.

i saw a notice posted here a few days back - rules say no discussion of ldc designs or internal details apparently
I posted external pics of Subscriber's great designs. Those interested in any of those should contact "TorqueMaster" a great person on the forums whom can provide quality 3D printed ones for your GK1. I have all 3, the 2.75" shorty, the 4.5" version and the 6.5" oval version; my GK1 is tuned to 810 FPS and been shooting over 1200 rounds thru them with no issues. I much prefer the look compared to a traditional tube.