• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Huben GK1 Pistol Owner Bloopers "You Blew It!"

IMG_3405.jpeg

@JDGriz I was thinking of steel or aluminum, but I don't know if one or the other may cause an issue with dissimilar metals. I figured that this piece could and should be upgraded on the production end since users were warned against slamming the lever down on the K1s as well. The problem is that the lever has a spring force behind it to where it is very easy to send it slamming down. For what we pay for these air guns I think we deserve better material than the cast iron looking lever so that it can withstand the slamming action that accompanies flipping up this lever to reload or turn the magazine.
Dissimilar metal corrosion (electrolytic) is only a problem in the presence of an electrolyte. That lever should be a quality steel. The weight penalty for such a small item would be non-existent.

@steve-l Thanks for clarifying that point. To be clear, does this mean that in the presence of sweat or water corrosion from dissimilar metals may be an issue?
Sweat is normally acidic but can be alkaline too, depending on diet and amount of said sweat. Fingerprint/sweat etching will always be an issue if you don't wipe down any metal periodically, but for the amount of time it would take to break down the parts to failure would likely take substantial neglect.

There really is no problem with the original lever. The problem is with the user, not the gun. These failures are due to shock and shock, over time, will break everything no matter what material is used for the lever. The corrective action is for the user to follow the directions offered by Huben. Let the lever down slowly.

As for the valve spring failure, I suspect the spring failure is due to over travel and the spring is coil stacking. That will fracture the wire over time. I suspect a travel bumper will be required similar to what is used on the FX Impact. I will have to look at the configuration to see if it is possible. Even better would be a compound buffer spring that engages just before the end of travel slowing the valve pin speed gently. I used a similar rig on my custom .45 ACP 1911 colt to prevent slide slam on recoil using heavy loads. It was very effective in allowing the pistol on target sooner.

Last edited:
I have put around 1000 25.4gr JSB pellets through my .25 GK1. The power is set to 700 ft/sec. I started to get doubling occasionally. When it happens, it is very fast. It sounds like one long noise. I have no idea what is causing it. It appears that the secondary sear is not catching, but I'm not sure. yet. Has anyone else experienced this? I also experienced my first magazine jam, where one pellet fell into the barrel when indexing. To clear it, I simply took a .22 cleaning rod and tapped the pellet back into the mag. No issue.

I have put around 1000 25.4gr JSB pellets through my .25 GK1. The power is set to 700 ft/sec. I started to get doubling occasionally. When it happens, it is very fast. It sounds like one long noise. I have no idea what is causing it. It appears that the secondary sear is not catching, but I'm not sure. yet. Has anyone else experienced this? I also experienced my first magazine jam, where one pellet fell into the barrel when indexing. To clear it, I simply took a .22 cleaning rod and tapped the pellet back into the mag. No issue.
Same thing happened to me. The trigger’s second stage is set too light. On the rear of the pistol, there’s a little cut out into the grip for two little hex screws; the one on the left is for the second stage. Turn it clockwise until you don’t experience the double fire.

*The JSB 33.95 fit more snug in the mag than the 25.4

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. The trigger’s second stage is set too light. On the rear of the pistol, there’s a little cut out into the grip for two little hex screws; the one on the left is for the second stage. Turn it clockwise until you don’t experience the double fire.

*The JSB 33.95 fit more snug in the mag than the 25.4
Thanks

Reactions: Pale_Rider