• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Huben GK1. My first PCP pistol

I just received my Huben GK1 in .22cal from Kelly at KRAZ Cool Airguns about a week ago. I had great communication with him through email and shipping was fast. Mine is the Version 3 with the factory moderator so I could still use the open sights. I like the extras that Kelly throws in; 3D printed fill probe plug, brass washer for the grip screw, and mag clearing rod.

I have a couple springers in my collection but PCP rifles, mini carbines, and bullpups (somewhat) pique my interest these days. I've just never owned or was never interested in owning a PCP pistol. I actually read the whole 123 page...and counting Huben GK1 thread. I guess this pistol is different. I like the looks of it, ease of power adjustability, "high" capacity mag, and the fact that it's semi-auto with a good trigger.

I also see a lot of aftermarket parts available for the GK1 and more down the pipeline. I like that owners of this platform can make it what they want. It can be turned in to a mini "carbine" or leave it in its original configuration as a pistol. At least we have options.

I like that it's not regulated for higher air capacity. The intended ranges I plan to shoot this pistol at is within 10-25 yards. I'll take a maximum extreme spread (ES) of 30 fps as a baseline. If my unregulated Daystate Regal can shoot dime size groups at 50 yards with a 30 fps ES, I don't think it will be a noticeable difference when I shoot this pistol within 25 yards. If I want better accuracy at longer distances, I have other PCPs in the stable.

Some things I wish could be changed:
- A taller front sight; With the factory Huben moderator, it slightly obscures the front sight. A taller front sight would also allow the use of other aftermarket moderators that are slightly larger in diameter.

- A short picatinny rail in front of the trigger guard to mount a light would be great.

- A redesign of the oddly shaped trigger guard. I don't know. Maybe they just wanted to be different.

- The safe/fire lever orientation; I'm surprised no one has mentioned this in the other threads. With the GK1, Fire is in the up position and Safe is in the down position. With most firearms (semi-auto pistols), it's the other way around which is the correct way. Up position is Safe and down position is Fire. It's more of a safety concern for me that I have to retrain myself on.

One thing for sure is that I never saw myself spending this much on a PCP from Chinuh. I guess I gave in.

I only had time to run it through the chrony, adjust the sights, and do a few groups. I have it set up for JSB 18.13gr at 637fps average, 16.26fpe with 1 full turn CCW from zero on the power adjustment screw. I can get 2 magazines (38 total) from a 270 bar fill with ES of 27fps. I forgot what pressure it ended at. When I first shot it at zero turns out of the box with the Huben moderator, this thing is super quiet at 397fps/6fpe. I could only hear the mag rotating and I started to laugh in amazement.

Shot this off-hand at 10 yards unsupported. My eyes ain't what it used to be lol.
20240517_171643.jpg

I then proceeded to empty the remaining 9 shots from the mag on to my steel plate at 22 yards off-hand, unsupported. I might have to adjust the rear sight to the left a little.
20240517_162710.jpg

Trigger pull comes in at 14.2 ounces, average of 3 pulls. The funny thing is that when I first took the pull weight measurement, it doubled like I bump fired it lol. If you don't have a firm grip on this pistol and the trigger is set too light, it will double.
20240517_174530.jpg

So far, I'm liking this gun. I still have more testing to do with different ammo and power settings when time permits. For reliability reasons, I'll be sticking with pellets and no slugs for me. A lot cheaper too. Just my thoughts.

20240517_162235.jpg

I bought my first used.

It was a rough start for me as the fifth shot degassed the rig. After asking some questions here, I had taken it apart and put it back together, filled and working. It takes the mystery out of the platform and made me confident it was a solid buy.

I geeked out on different setups - and different shooting scenarios and I’m super pleased by how customizable it is.

I’m excited for you to meet us all in the rabbit hole.
I'm still in the honeymoon phase and only time will tell. Don't get me wrong. I'm already thinking about a .25 version or maybe a shorty as well lol. This gun needs to prove herself first before I start getting duplicates or multiples.

I bought my first used.

It was a rough start for me as the fifth shot degassed the rig. After asking some questions here, I had taken it apart and put it back together, filled and working. It takes the mystery out of the platform and made me confident it was a solid buy.

I geeked out on different setups - and different shooting scenarios and I’m super pleased by how customizable it is.

I’m excited for you to meet us all in the rabbit hole.
Thank you. Before I made the purchase, I did a lot of research and read through many threads about the GK1 looking for info on problems, fixes, aftermarket support, customization, etc. Future looks bright.

I just received my Huben GK1 in .22cal from Kelly at KRAZ Cool Airguns about a week ago. I had great communication with him through email and shipping was fast. Mine is the Version 3 with the factory moderator so I could still use the open sights. I like the extras that Kelly throws in; 3D printed fill probe plug, brass washer for the grip screw, and mag clearing rod.

I have a couple springers in my collection but PCP rifles, mini carbines, and bullpups (somewhat) pique my interest these days. I've just never owned or was never interested in owning a PCP pistol. I actually read the whole 123 page...and counting Huben GK1 thread. I guess this pistol is different. I like the looks of it, ease of power adjustability, "high" capacity mag, and the fact that it's semi-auto with a good trigger.

I also see a lot of aftermarket parts available for the GK1 and more down the pipeline. I like that owners of this platform can make it what they want. It can be turned in to a mini "carbine" or leave it in its original configuration as a pistol. At least we have options.

I like that it's not regulated for higher air capacity. The intended ranges I plan to shoot this pistol at is within 10-25 yards. I'll take a maximum extreme spread (ES) of 30 fps as a baseline. If my unregulated Daystate Regal can shoot dime size groups at 50 yards with a 30 fps ES, I don't think it will be a noticeable difference when I shoot this pistol within 25 yards. If I want better accuracy at longer distances, I have other PCPs in the stable.

Some things I wish could be changed:
- A taller front sight; With the factory Huben moderator, it slightly obscures the front sight. A taller front sight would also allow the use of other aftermarket moderators that are slightly larger in diameter.

- A short picatinny rail in front of the trigger guard to mount a light would be great.

- A redesign of the oddly shaped trigger guard. I don't know. Maybe they just wanted to be different.

- The safe/fire lever orientation; I'm surprised no one has mentioned this in the other threads. With the GK1, Fire is in the up position and Safe is in the down position. With most firearms (semi-auto pistols), it's the other way around which is the correct way. Up position is Safe and down position is Fire. It's more of a safety concern for me that I have to retrain myself on.

One thing for sure is that I never saw myself spending this much on a PCP from Chinuh. I guess I gave in.

I only had time to run it through the chrony, adjust the sights, and do a few groups. I have it set up for JSB 18.13gr at 637fps average, 16.26fpe with 1 full turn CCW from zero on the power adjustment screw. I can get 2 magazines (38 total) from a 270 bar fill with ES of 27fps. I forgot what pressure it ended at. When I first shot it at zero turns out of the box with the Huben moderator, this thing is super quiet at 397fps/6fpe. I could only hear the mag rotating and I started to laugh in amazement.

Shot this off-hand at 10 yards unsupported. My eyes ain't what it used to be lol.
View attachment 466699

I then proceeded to empty the remaining 9 shots from the mag on to my steel plate at 22 yards off-hand, unsupported. I might have to adjust the rear sight to the left a little.
View attachment 466700

Trigger pull comes in at 14.2 ounces, average of 3 pulls. The funny thing is that when I first took the pull weight measurement, it doubled like I bump fired it lol. If you don't have a firm grip on this pistol and the trigger is set too light, it will double.
View attachment 466772

So far, I'm liking this gun. I still have more testing to do with different ammo and power settings when time permits. For reliability reasons, I'll be sticking with pellets and no slugs for me. A lot cheaper too. Just my thoughts.

View attachment 466773
Great post! I love my GK1 thus far, I got it last week and I think I've gone through almost 2 500 tins of pellets. I got slugs for it, but it shoots pellets so good and I get about 3.5 mags off a 350 bar fill shooting 15.89gr at 815fps

You should experiment at higher FPS. I believe with the 22 most people are finding somewhere between 750 to 900 FPS is more of the ideal depending on the ammo to get the least deviation for accuracy. I think you will find out that it will have the accuracy from that short distance of 10-25 yards but also able to shoot well at 50 yards +

You should experiment at higher FPS. I believe with the 22 most people are finding somewhere between 750 to 900 FPS is more of the ideal depending on the ammo to get the least deviation for accuracy. I think you will find out that it will have the accuracy from that short distance of 10-25 yards but also able to shoot well at 50 yards +
How about the 25 cal? Best FPS for accuracy?

How about the 25 cal? Best FPS for accuracy?
I am very happy so far with my .25 setup at 800-815 FPS shooting the two different JSB Exact pellets. Mostly shooting the 25.39 for target and increasing the FPS by a half turn using the 33.95 for everything else at about the same speed; easy to remember. I have some of those lead free pellets that some have said are even more accurate but I have not had time to try them out yet, plus they are kind of pricey as they are sold in smaller quantity tins unlike the JSB's at 350 per tin...

I am very happy so far with my .25 setup at 800-815 FPS shooting the two different JSB Exact pellets. Mostly shooting the 25.39 for target and increasing the FPS by a half turn using the 33.95 for everything else at about the same speed; easy to remember. I have some of those lead free pellets that some have said are even more accurate but I have not had time to try them out yet, plus they are kind of pricey as they are sold in smaller quantity tins unlike the JSB's at 350 per tin...
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

I definitely plan to as well trying different pellets. Now if I could only find the time off from work lol.

The furthest iguana I've killed thus far has been about 42yards +/- 2yds with the sightmark wraith. That was awesome for me considering this is a pistol and I have to do headshots.

20240522_195527.jpg