Huben Huben GK1 (Full Review) Semi-Auto PCP Pistol

Hey guys...about the regulator thing. As one AGN user put it: "Nate drops the ball at least once per video". ...I would say that's about right.

I was in a hurry when I made this video. I had to make both the GK1 and the Skout video in 1 week! It was the most important week of the year as far as I was concerned. I guess I work well under pressure because although the Skout video was technicly a flop. The Huben video had over 120k views in about 2 weeks. The Skout video is still doing a solid 3K views a day consistantly, and it could decide to take off one day. However, the Skout was old news by the time my video came out. I was begging, but no one wanted to promote that gun until PY Air finally stepped up. That video would have done 300k views if it would have been made 6 months ago. Of course Skout doesn't need Youtube videos in order to sell thier guns. They probably can't make them fast enough.

You may still be able to get a 3 barrel Skout for $2400. There were a few left over from the before time and once they are gone you will get one barrel for $2350. NOW is the time to grab one friends. If they are not already sold out. That .25 in this video is on the way back to PYAir as of 2 days ago, if someone wants to call them about it. I'm sure they will sell it to you.

Last edited:
Hey guys...about the regulator thing. As one AGN user put it: "Nate drops the ball at least once per video". ...I would say that's about right.

I was in a hurry when I made this video. I had to make both the GK1 and the Skout video in 1 week! It was the most important week of the year as far as I was concerned. I guess I work well under pressure because although the Skout video was technicly a flop. The Huben video had over 120k views in about 2 weeks. The Skout video is still doing a solid 3K views a day consistantly, and it could decide to take off one day. However, the Skout was old news by the time my video came out. I was begging, but no one wanted to promote that gun until PY Air finally stepped up. That video would have done 300k views if it would have been made 6 months ago. Of course Skout doesn't need Youtube videos in order to sell thier guns. They probably can't make them fast enough.

You may still be able to get a 3 barrel Skout for $2400. There were a few left over from the before time and once they are gone you will get one barrel for $2350. NOW is the time to grab one friends. If they are not already sold out. That .25 in this video is on the way back to PYAir as of 2 days ago, if someone wants to call them about it. I'm sure they will sell it to you.

Nate I been watching your videos for years and I appreciate them. To be real honest as far as dropping the ball go's....I got ya beat buddy. In my words I'm a Knott head most days but oh well I have a good time being old ,disabled and full of poop most days. If people don't like that they can carry their crying little ass down the road. You do a great job on the vids bro so let em bawl like baby girls. Keep it up buddy it's entertaining

David, psycho62

Nate I been watching your videos for years and I appreciate them. To be real honest as far as dropping the ball go's....I got ya beat buddy. In my words I'm a Knott head most days but oh well I have a good time being old ,disabled and full of poop most days. If people don't like that they can carry their crying little ass down the road. You do a great job on the vids bro so let em bawl like baby girls. Keep it up buddy it's entertaining

David, psycho62
Thanks man!

Reactions: psycho62
Now that you’ve brought up the regulator topic, here is another newbie question:

Is it the regulator that allows you to tune an airgun so that its reservoir valve releases a fairly consistent amount of air to launch a given pellet at a fairly consistent shot-to-shot FPS? Or is this the job of the power adjuster? And if this is what the power adjuster does, then what’s the job of the regulator?

Thanks for your help, folks!

Air in the tank moves to the plenum via reg, such that air in plenum is at a consistent set pressure as long as tank pressure is higher. Valve opening allows air in plenum to be released through the barrel. The consistent pressure driving the shot is intended to produce consistent power such that projectiles of the same type and weight will have the same speed.

In most PCPs, a hammer opens the valve and power adjustment refers to changing the impact of the hammer and therefore duration of valve opening. Longer duration (up to a point) will increase projectile speed. Some PCPs also have adjustable transfer port sizes and/or adjustable valve spring tensions, which have a similar ability to modulate pellet speed but can also control other aspects of the shot cycle.

Hubens are hammerless but (without getting into details) the power adjustment wheel also serves to modulate pellet speed akin to a conventional PCP hammer adjustment. What’s cool about Hubens is that the hammerless system itself behaves like a regulator, modulating the release of air in accordance with pellet movement through the barrel. So, at high tank pressure, the pellet accelerates faster and the valve close sooner. At lower pressures, the pellet accelerates more slowly and the valve compensates by remaining open longer. This allows the Huben pistol, which lacks a regulator, to maintain a long flat shot string with consistent speed, as long as that speed isn’t too high for the system to accommodate. In other words, if you run at max power the shots will have a cliff of descending speed. At modest power, you can find a setting that will keep pellet speed within 10-20fps for 20-30 shots.

...it seems that the regulator is a weak link in any design...

...it seems that a truly well engineered system can indeed get by without a regulator pretty well...

...the "Benjamin" Cayden comes to mind...

...I left mine sitting for 18 months or so and the first shot was right on target @ 25 yards...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
...it seems that the regulator is a weak link in any design...

...it seems that a truly well engineered system can indeed get by without a regulator pretty well...

...the "Benjamin" Cayden comes to mind...

...I left mine sitting for 18 months or so and the first shot was right on target @ 25 yards...
All regulators are subject to some level of creep but in most cases it is a small amount. Variation in projectile speed can be avoided by tuning “on the knee”. Unfortunately, many people treat their regulators to frequent adjustment, which damages seals and increases creep. They also take a while to settle in but impatient users will adjust them to “resolve” the inconsistency and the seals get messed up before they bed in.

Last edited:
I believe the GK1 is “hammerless”. Please correct me if I’m wrong. My main concern is it being not “regulated”. Has anyone experienced this being an issue for shot-to-shot accuracy/consistency? Moreover, does anyone know if someone has created a mod that can make this gun regulated? Thank you all, and I apologize if my questions seem obvious to most: I am fairly new to the world of PCP airguns. I recently discovered how far the technology has come in airguns, and I’m eager to learn more as I move over from the more “traditional” world of rimfire. Thanks again in advance to all who are willing to help on this journey! All info/feedback is sincerely appreciated.

Last edited: