Huben Huben GK1 celebration

Both. I have a loading gate; they would slide back into the flange & lock up if did not seat them. If I seat them, they moved forward into the barrel & locked up. I did find they are tough little boogers. I am hoping the JSB Heavy will work well. Funny today, I was liking my .22 a lot better, over 6000 rounds and not a jam. LOL
I have tried a number of different pellets and found the JSB MkII Heavy 33.89 grain pellets to be the best performers as far as ease of loading, not jamming, and with a decent middle of the road tune and energy levels. They seem to have a bigger skirt than others, and their length helps keep them in place with the magazine's design. Anything that has a pointed tip or was shorter would potentially jam either in front or by a skirt dragging because they were sloppy in the magazine. I don't seat the pellets, and only slugs get pushed just into edge of the magazine.

I have tried a number of different pellets and found the JSB MkII Heavy 33.89 grain pellets to be the best performers as far as ease of loading, not jamming, and with a decent middle of the road tune and energy levels. They seem to have a bigger skirt than others, and their length helps keep them in place with the magazine's design. Anything that has a pointed tip or was shorter would potentially jam either in front or by a skirt dragging because they were sloppy in the magazine. I don't seat the pellets, and only slugs get pushed just into edge of the magazine.
I can't remember, but it seems to me a few years ago that the original 33 grain had a bigger skirt than the MKII. I had 20 tins of the 33 grains but sold an AGT & it was tuned for them & like a dummy, I gave the guy all my 33 grains; now I have to order some; go figure. LOL

I was gonna walk out the PCP thing altogether but the Huben pistol dragged me right back into it.

Next for me is the shorty .25 ( already talked to Kelly to put my name on the list )

Once I get the shorty in I will transform my current one into a Carbine with the upcoming BuckRail kit, the pair will cover all my airgunning needs.........because i love the platform so much I would even get a rifle but only if they eventually come out with an unregulated version ( the ton of data we have now on the pistol tells us the regulator isn't really needed on the rifle either )

Any pics or info on this shorty?

Any pics or info on this shorty?
I think Billy @Airtillery posted a picture of his on the main Huben thread, I did shoot/handled his .25 and I absolutely loved the feel, once I get the grip I have on mine on it it would be just about perfection.

The only difference I asked Kelly to do with mine is to make the shroud and tube finish at the same length,....can't wait to get mine in my hands.

I put the factory gate on today and shot a bunch of JSB .25 & GTO 16 with no jams or binds. As Weevil has suggested, I pushed the pellet until gate clicked and did not seat them. I never shot for accuracy; I just shot for function. But at a 20-yard target, each mag full was inside a nickel. Eight hundred fifty fps with the GTO. So, it does look like my gate was the issue. I have a gate coming from Huben 3D parts. I will try that & see what it does.

I put the factory gate on today and shot a bunch of JSB .25 & GTO 16 with no jams or binds. As Weevil has suggested, I pushed the pellet until gate clicked and did not seat them. I never shot for accuracy; I just shot for function. But at a 20-yard target, each mag full was inside a nickel. Eight hundred fifty fps with the GTO. So, it does look like my gate was the issue. I have a gate coming from Huben 3D parts. I will try that & see what it does.
Love me the OEM gate, not going into battle so if it take couple seconds longer to reload I'm all good ;)

The stock gate provides a rigid backstop for every chamber.
1708752498506.jpeg

The stock gate provides a rigid backstop for every chamber.
View attachment 438764
But it has two sharp corners (top corner of gate and corner of part below it) where skirts can get caught during rotation. The flip-up gates present one uninterupted continuous surface to the back of the cylinder. Also, they can be made to be the highest point on that side of the pistol, to prevent knocks and wear to the cylinder chambers outer walls.

But it has two sharp corners (top corner of gate and corner of part below it) where skirts can get caught during rotation. The flip-up gates present one uninterupted continuous surface to the back of the cylinder. Also, they can be made to be the highest point on that side of the pistol, to prevent knocks and wear to the cylinder chambers outer walls.
Very few pellets have to undergo a rotation in that position, because they have just been shot.

Let’s chat again after 10,000 shots with a flip gate! I’m certainly open to more celebration of this fine device!

Those sharp corners never gave me a problem I shoot the EunJin 43gr and they definitely move, not like the JSB 34gr that are solid but still never had a jam

Reactions: JDGriz