• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben blew my GX CS3 up

Well, maybe a little extreme, but my Huben K1 pushed my GX CS3 to the max ... and it sprung a leak. I had to remove the included two piece black cylinder with the white filter accessory at the end of the hose. Is there a better replacement piece to catch moisture etc that is compact and easily serviced? Yes, the CS3 has the built in filter, but I had the CS2 black filter assembly and added for potentially a little more filtering. Is it worth adding something more than what the GX CS3 already has?

If allowed one moisture removing filter, I'd go with water coalescing, found on eBay for $125. Not really a filter, no media or dis-assembly required, uses chambers and airflow to channel heavier oil and moisture molecules to bottom (to vent) while returning dryer, cleaner air to the top. Florida garage set-up was overwhelmed by humidity until water-coalescing "filter," clean and dry since. After two years, pulled hoses, metal connections corroded and rusty going in, exit connections like brand new. Often referred to as the orange, or copper-colored filter, more information can be found searching archives, "water-coalescing filter," in upper right corner of page. WM

If allowed one moisture removing filter, I'd go with water coalescing, found on eBay for $125. Not really a filter, no media or dis-assembly required, uses chambers and airflow to channel heavier oil and moisture molecules to bottom (to vent) while returning dryer, cleaner air to the top. Florida garage set-up was overwhelmed by humidity until water-coalescing "filter," clean and dry since. After two years, pulled hoses, metal connections corroded and rusty going in, exit connections like brand new. Often referred to as the orange, or copper-colored filter, more information can be found searching archives, "water-coalescing filter," in upper right corner of page. WM
Thats a good condensate trap. Have one myself.

Well, maybe a little extreme, but my Huben K1 pushed my GX CS3 to the max ... and it sprung a leak. I had to remove the included two piece black cylinder with the white filter accessory at the end of the hose. Is there a better replacement piece to catch moisture etc that is compact and easily serviced? Yes, the CS3 has the built in filter, but I had the CS2 black filter assembly and added for potentially a little more filtering. Is it worth adding something more than what the GX CS3 already has?
Few years ago, I had GX CSE, it lasted 3 weeks with the Avenger I had. Some have good luck with them but, anything sealed won't last as long as one you can do Maintenace on.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I've heard these work great and a molecular sieve isn't required after. I bought one that hasn't arrived yet. Seen several folks tout these.

I've heard these work great and a molecular sieve isn't required after. I bought one that hasn't arrived yet. Seen several folks tout these.
If compressor can manage, water coalescing filter followed by molecular sieve is hard to beat, first traps bulk moisture, next is finishing touch. WM

Reactions: Dog