Huben Huben .30 cal

I'd like to see a Huben in .177...

Because that is all I shoot and .177 seems to be left out quite a lot of the time. (heavy sigh)

All my best!

Kerry

p.s.

Not that I could afford/justify one for the backyard pesting that I do, I would just like to see it! (chuckle)

Dang I get tired of having to wait to post... sometimes as long as 10 minutes! Not to mention, the "We encountered a problem BS..." GEEZ!

I'd like to see a Huben in .177...

Because that is all I shoot and .177 seems to be left out quite a lot of the time. (heavy sigh)

All my best!

Kerry

p.s.

Not that I could afford/justify one for the backyard pesting that I do, I would just like to see it! (chuckle)

Dang I get tired of having to wait to post... sometimes as long as 10 minutes! Not to mention, the "We encountered a problem BS..." GEEZ!
Gk1 will be available in 177 next summer. You can pre order already. No specs though.

Reactions: Elbowgrease
Having 2 rifles and a pistol I am of the belief that the tougher the projectiles (talking pellets here), the less likely they will suffer accuracy degrading damage from the aggressive mechanics of mag rotation and being blown from mag into barrel. Therefore, I am confident that 30 cal would be the best of the bunch for pellets. While I would love to have a 177, the pellets are very delicate. A barrel with 1:16 twist to shoot 20grain slugs would be a killer option.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
@Nomadic Pirate 66 A .30 cal Huben pistol? That’s would be a big pistol. Did you get your .25 yet?

@Pale_Rider I mentioned that carbine idea as well. That would be interesting. I hadn’t considered a full length rifle. I’d be happy with a design that makes for easier barrel cleaning.
I have not, I know New England Airguns have them in already but I pre-ordered with Kraz,

I don't think the pistol will be any bigger since it has enough power as it is, just less shoot in the magazine.

Yep a regular rifle and a folding stock carbine version sure would be wicked too, but at the moment the Pistol and the Pup cover a good spectrum.

I quizzed Kelly on a K1 moded to .30, no go without a redesign. There is not enough metal to just mod the magazine. You'd have to have a special mag fabricated and change the mag advancement mechanism. It would be outrageously expensive. Now if we could convince Jackie to add .30 to available calibers. I realisticly don't need one for what I use an airgun for, small critters and plinking.

Weevil, Kelly will mod a .22 down to .177 for you. He said it was the first .177 he had done. I had a 1:17 TJ put on it for the barrel. My goal was a 100fpe .177, pipe dream. I haven't explored the use of slugs yet, Kelly said he got 1400+ fps out of it. The problem is finding a heave pellet short enough to fit in the magazine.
Very interesting John. Griffin make a 23g 177 slug but that would require a 1:14 twist at sea level. 20 grain Zans might work with a 1:17. What have you been shooting out of yours?

Very interesting John. Griffin make a 23g 177 slug but that would require a 1:14 twist at sea level. 20 grain Zans might work with a 1:17. What have you been shooting out of yours?
If you go on airgunheaven, they sell the leshiy 1 barrel in .177 with a 360mm twist rate, I think that 1:16? Which could possibly be modified to fit. If the 20gr zans work in your panthera, then technically that barrel should work right?

If you go on airgunheaven, they sell the leshiy 1 barrel in .177 with a 360mm twist rate, I think that 1:16? Which could possibly be modified to fit. If the 20gr zans work in your panthera, then technically that barrel should work right?
I would suggest asking @Rallyshark what he used in his custom 60fpe Maverick. I think it was a 1:14 Alfa. I have too many 177s already and my next acquisition will be the 30 cal Sidewinder mini - my pre-order is in. Basically a full auto 30cal Huben carbine. I have a case of 50 tins of JSB 44grain pellets that came from an insurance auction for $200. Seems like a good way to use them.

I would suggest asking @Rallyshark what he used in his custom 60fpe Maverick. I think it was a 1:14 Alfa. I have too many 177s already and my next acquisition will be the 30 cal Sidewinder mini - my pre-order is in. Basically a full auto 30cal Huben carbine. I have a case of 50 tins of JSB 44grain pellets that came from an insurance auction for $200. Seems like a good way to use them.
That's exactly what it is, it's a 360mm twist being a 1:14 sorry I mispoke, except his is a 600mm barrel I believe.

Weevil, Kelly will mod a .22 down to .177 for you. He said it was the first .177 he had done. I had a 1:17 TJ put on it for the barrel. My goal was a 100fpe .177, pipe dream. I haven't explored the use of slugs yet, Kelly said he got 1400+ fps out of it. The problem is finding a heave pellet short enough to fit in the magazine.
Mr. Hollowpoint also makes 29gr slugs, not sure how long those are.

I'd just like to see Huben add some of the same features that the Sidewinder has.

1) Removable magazine. This makes it easier and faster to load, allows you to quickly put the rifle into a state where it is visibly unloaded and unable to fire and makes it much easier to clean.
2) Additional safety by the pistol grip. Safeties should ideally be located where they can be easily used.
3) Move the darn pressure gauge away from the business end of the gun.
4) Make it select fire.
And one the Sidewinder doesn't have
5) Make a 1/2x20UNF adaptor standard.

If they did all this it would be hands down the best semi-auto on the market.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I'd just like to see Huben add some of the same features that the Sidewinder has.

1) Removable magazine. This makes it easier and faster to load, allows you to quickly put the rifle into a state where it is visibly unloaded and unable to fire and makes it much easier to clean.
2) Additional safety by the pistol grip. Safeties should ideally be located where they can be easily used.
3) Move the darn pressure gauge away from the business end of the gun.
4) Make it select fire.
And one the Sidewinder doesn't have
5) Make a 1/2x20UNF adaptor standard.

If they did all this it would be hands down the best semi-auto on the market.
#1 won't happen without a complete redesign of their platform - the HPA path is through the center of the magazine.

#4 is something that I would only want if it could be done without negatively impacting their excellent trigger feel. If that could not be maintained it would not be worth it to me. A variation that would be interesting would be a "double tap" mode rather than full auto, especially if this could keep the basics of the trigger unchanged. Full auto is pretty worthless other than as an occasional giggle function (I have the Sidewinder so I know), but a good two / three round burst mode would be great.

The res of the list should be easy to do - and I REALLY would like the second safety up by the trigger.

#1 won't happen without a complete redesign of their platform - the HPA path is through the center of the magazine.

#4 is something that I would only want if it could be done without negatively impacting their excellent trigger feel. If that could not be maintained it would not be worth it to me. A variation that would be interesting would be a "double tap" mode rather than full auto, especially if this could keep the basics of the trigger unchanged. Full auto is pretty worthless other than as an occasional giggle function (I have the Sidewinder so I know), but a good two / three round burst mode would be great.

The res of the list should be easy to do - and I REALLY would like the second safety up by the trigger.
I've been playing around a bit with bursts on my own .30 Sidewinder and I've found that with the rifle firmly pulled into my shoulder and a tight grip near the front of the foreend that I can shoot 3", 3 shot bursts at 50 yards. Using an artillery hold the groups were all over the place.

That's with 50 grain pellets at around 950 fps, so the recoil is present. With a .22 at 30 fpe however I suspect that full-auto would be very controllable and would really come into it's own. With my Barra 400e bb gun full auto adds about 50% to it's range.