• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hpa tank fill in northern California

Hi all, I'm kinda new to air gunning and have my first pcp on order. I was initially looking at getting a compressor, but I'm sure it due to the pandemic, none are really showing a ship date. So I looked at getting a tank, but i can't really find a solid place in northern California to get it filled. Looked around and found a couple paintball shops but will usually fill to 3k psi, and on occasion fill to 3800psi. I found 1 dive shop that fills to 4500 but was interested if anyone would give up their secret spots on where they get filled at, lol, specifically looking around south bay, any where from Fremont to redwood city down to hollister but specifically san Jose/Cupertino area. Thanks.

Haven't tried asking fire department, I just personally feel like they have more important thing to worry about especially in my rural ish area. But I work at a fabrication shop and asked who provides us argon and such, and they said no because the tanks are not DOT told them it was then the said oh well we dont really have the equipment to do so. That is where I stopped on that path. If I cant get another way I'll ask the FD. Thank . 

Thanks all for the spot it's much appreciated I got one more question and this might be a newb question but want to ask just to clarify before I call up the shops for a fill. But a hpa tank, is it just a scba tank or are the air venturie and other brands also considered hpa? I mean the are all hpa (high pressure air) so to me they mean the same but.... idk just trying to learn more. 

I get my SCBA tank filled in Santa Clara at Diver Dan's.

Diver Dan's

2255 El Camino Real

Santa Clara, CA 95050

(408) 984-5819

I think they charge $25 for a 4500 psi fill. I usually leave the tank overnight or for a few days to fill as the air in the tank will cool after fill and reduce the pressure. They will add air again to top off to 4500 psi when I pick the tank up. Avoid Mondays if possible because they have a huge scuba rental gear business and they are busy with returns and filling rental tanks.

I have a HP3 valve and went to see about a fill up. Dan told me they will not fill tanks associated with air rifles. I found it odd as the younger fellow there told me they do and was quite familiar with performing such fills. I didn’t get a good feel dealing with Diver Dans so my money will go elsewhere. Going to try Pacific Scuba Divers today.