• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA HP SS .25 decided to go Full Auto!

Well once they are sorted out they rock the house. It’s a lot of gun .. small , powerful and accurate. It’s not for the uninitiated it seems. YMMV
😆 What is it about certain folks here that make them want to insult other members over an opinion about an airgun 😆

Far from from "uninitiated", my friend. I just don't like things that are junk straight out of the box. Having to tune, tweak or even smith a gun that is lacking in areas is no problem, but there's more than enough evidence here for anyone who isn't wearing blinders to see that AEA is hot trash. I'm not about to buy something in which the engineering is so flawed that it jams and dumps in full auto for any reason, let alone multiple reasons, period.

It is the magazine spring! They are using a very weak spring and on top of that it looses tension fast.
The next pellet should be in position way before the probe returns after the blowback, but its not.
This airgun needs very good synchronization in order to work properly and they messed up.
They should have used a mechanism to cycle the magazine not with a spring but with the probe
action. Very bad design.

Anyway, I did not have any stiffer spring and if you try to install it in the magazine by turning it
twice, it will slip from the tiny hole. What I did was to design a small choke that will limit the
blowback air in half and insert it on the front 8 hole cylinder.

View attachment 434106

I have now emptied the magazine 8 times and I only had a single jamming, so its definitely the wrong timing
caused by the weak spring!

The current spring has a 0.6mm thickness. I will try to find springs with 0.7mm thickness and try again.
The amount of issues people have with these AEA HP semiauto air guns is ridiculous.
In the opinion of many people the AEA HP semiauto is a big Hatsan level turd.

You may very well (in the future) have the issues you mentioned:
-pellets stuck in the trigger area
-semiauto stops working because the parts in the shroud are not in perfect sync
-the rod disconnects from the bolt because the thread is stripped

I have experienced all of the above issues.

I have my AEA HP in bolt/single action now.
It is mediocre, but at least it shoots and does not have any more pellets in the trigger area.
That is how I got a hole in my window.

😆 What is it about certain folks here that make them want to insult other members over an opinion about an airgun 😆

Far from from "uninitiated", my friend. I just don't like things that are junk straight out of the box. Having to tune, tweak or even smith a gun that is lacking in areas is no problem, but there's more than enough evidence here for anyone who isn't wearing blinders to see that AEA is hot trash. I'm not about to buy something in which the engineering is so flawed that it jams and dumps in full auto for any reason, let alone multiple reasons, period.
My intent was not to insult. Uninitiated in the guns quirks which I accept. It’s the valve pin and mags. If you address it they make a great gun. If you can’t or won’t or think you shouldn’t have to. Then don’t.

I love my AEAs. So…. Your mileage may absolutely vary from mine
3B65DFB7-8058-4809-99CB-0BB96845F767.jpeg

Last edited:
-the rod disconnects from the bolt because the thread is stripped
You had that as well ??? 😯
I assume that after that failure, single action was the only option.

Look, for me its AEA never again mainly because this company was aware of all these
problems and despite that they were keep selling it. They also made sure on their
website to point out that their magazines and the valve pin are not covered by the
warranty...

Knowing all these I cannot sell this airgun to anyone else because that would be
dishonest, so I am stuck with this airgun and I will at least try to solve its issues.
The semi auto function is tons of fun, but if I will not be able to solve the problems,
I will also convert it to single action.