AEA Hp Max

I have one I bought in .510. I installed the 22 inch barrel on it. Accuracy was ok but not good past 50 yards. I was getting 400 plus fpe on first shot. Averaged 368 for 6 shots with 700cc cf bottle. Just bought the .457 barrel in .22 Inch. There is way more ammo selections in .457. I hoping I can get better groups with it. I woukd like to shoot a 100 yards or more with it.
Happy Holidays!
Brian

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Looking at it this morning it looks like I will have to take the stock off too so the 50 cal bolt will clear the housing. I think Bin offers a piece to use buffer tubes and eliminate the folding stock piece. I'm sure someone will chime in. If not I know Bintac is great with customer service issues. Do you like the 45 better now? I have a hp max 45 and was considering if the barrel and tank upgrade might be worth while.

Looking at it this morning it looks like I will have to take the stock off too so the 50 cal bolt will clear the housing. I think Bin offers a piece to use buffer tubes and eliminate the folding stock piece. I'm sure someone will chime in. If not I know Bintac is great with customer service issues. Do you like the 45 better now? I have a hp max 45 and was considering if the barrel and tank upgrade might be worth while.
It was pretty easy. You have to take the stock off. There is a little Allen head screw in the back if bolt you back off some to pull bolt handle off. There is a small screw on side of bolt you take off. Not to bad.

Just shot the .457 at 30 yards and I like it much better so far. The pro slugs(205gr) on the left did the best. Mr HP 216
20231226_162430.jpg
grains on top were a close second. AEA 243 grain came in third.

Reactions: Flyingsherpa
They do appear to have identical chassis. With out opening them up and checking port sizes and what not I would think the m50 would have larger ports. I don't have anywhere to chronograph anymore or else I'd be posting numbers with my max and m50. I do appreciate hearing what others are getting out of them. Once I get mine swapped I plan on taking them out.

They do appear to have identical chassis. With out opening them up and checking port sizes and what not I would think the m50 would have larger ports. I don't have anywhere to chronograph anymore or else I'd be posting numbers with my max and m50. I do appreciate hearing what others are getting out of them. Once I get mine swapped I plan on taking them out.

Screenshot_20231224_161605_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20231218_182442_YouTube.jpg

There isn't squat for info out there on changing the bolt so I just started taking it apart today. Once all the pieces are out of the chassis I removed the spring and guide then slid the bolt back to remove the hammer. Then I loosened the underside shoulder bolt type screw. Which could be swapped out with a hex Allen bolt. Once that was loose the Allen bolt on the backside of the bolt is loosened and the bolt/ bolt is removed you can slightly rotate the bolt making it much easier to remove that shoulder screw. Once the screw is out just slide the bolt out the back. I like that the hammer can be removed without having to mess with the trigger group. Depending on how cold it is this week I might take it out to the shop.

Here's a 6 shot group sight in at 50 yards. Pro slug 195 LH FD swagged. 3 shots to bottom was sighting in. View attachment 423328
Nice group. Do you know what kind of energy your getting with those 195's? I just shot some Griffen 200gr dish based. They feed and cycle great. Going to run them over the chronograph soon. I want to see how they compare to the aea 195gr.