AEA HP Max in Europe has a regulator!?

Still waiting for the unrestricted airtubeholder. In the meantime my friend received his HP Max 9mm (not from Spain, so the full power version).
Both curious we swapped out his unrestricted airtubeholder to my gun, so i could try the .50.

There is still something else holding it back because i only got 240fps with a 217 grainer. What could that be? A small transferport?
It's not a lighter hamnerspring i guess because it takes serious effort to cock the gun, i can't imagine any heavier.
If AEA Spain only will send me a new tubeholder this thing is still not full power...

Last edited:
A look inside the breech, does that big allen bolt belong there also in the full power version?

20220729_003511.jpg

Hi Harold,

I also live in NL and have two HP MAX .45's with the exact same problem with O-rings being sliced. I got ID15x1.5mm rings like you said you used in your rifle but for me they wouldn't seal...

Also, in both my rifles they already replaced the transfer ports for full sized ones but then forgot to reinstall the valve return springs and sent them without...

I noticed the missing springs when installing the power kits they sent me so I could use the rifles while waiting for the correct and original bottle adapter they promised without the useless second gauge.

They now want me to send back the rifles and exchange for new ones unless it turns out all rifies have the same defect (sharp edges on inside holes in the receiver) in which case they would refund. I however bought these at pre order prices and since there is no alternative to these models and certainly not for the price I paid for them I would much rather keep them.

So my question to you is: What did you end up doing with your .50 and did you get it to function properly?

Thanks,

RCX2020

Last edited:
Hello Dutchies, I have the HP Max .50 from AEA Spain Wolfiek group. I'm also from the Netherlands. Mine was also regulated and rebuild to full power. First with the full power kit, but the ring which closes the regulator port was blocking 1/4 of the hole to the transfer port. So I got rid of it. I drilled out the atmospheric hole to 2,5mm and threaded the hole in M3 thread. I put 3 M3 x 5mm headless allen screws in with mastic kit to make it airtight. The second manometer / gaugemeter made place for a M8 foster valve, so I don't need the fill probe to fill her up. Pictures will follow.

Hello Dutchies, I have the HP Max .50 from AEA Spain Wolfiek group. I'm also from the Netherlands. Mine was also regulated and rebuild to full power. First with the full power kit, but the ring which closes the regulator port was blocking 1/4 of the hole to the transfer port. So I got rid of it. I drilled out the atmospheric hole to 2,5mm and threaded the hole in M3 thread. I put 3 M3 x 5mm headless allen screws in with mastic kit to make it airtight. The second manometer / gaugemeter made place for a M8 foster valve, so I don't need the fill probe to fill her up. Pictures will follow.
Sounds very interesting!

Wolfiek promised me the original bottle adapter which is thinner and hasn't got the second manometer. I can't fit any muzzle device with this thick one!

The foster valve sounds like a great idea though. Might try that myself...

(And I have some designs online that might fit your HP MAX if you're interested: https://cults3d.com/en/users/RCX2020/creations )

Sounds very interesting!

Wolfiek promised me the original bottle adapter which is thinner and hasn't got the second manometer. I can't fit any muzzle device with this thick one!

The foster valve sounds like a great idea though. Might try that myself...

(And I have some designs online that might fit your HP MAX if you're interested: https://cults3d.com/en/users/RCX2020/creations )
My barrel is also longer than 13", almost 14"

They don't have a spring , I solved to put a spring of a biro / Bic pen in it. When the gun is totally degassed, you have to pull the breech lever a bit back, to make the valve sit in the transfer port. The little spring helps to push the valve in the seal. You can also cock the gun before filling and dry fire it when filled to around 20 bar.
Yep, I did the same. Had some springs from a set I bought at Hornbach that fit.

The people in Spain had no idea if there should be springs or not and as the .357 does have them I wondered if the 45 and 50 should have them too. Now I know, thanks.

And did you also have damaged O-rings on the bottle adapter?

hi folks, i just ordered my aea hp max in .45 and i found this information....and i have to say that i am quite disappointed. I live in Greece and we have non restrictions so i'm afraid about having to deal with all these power limited rifles that are selling in EU. Did they fix the problem or latest orders are still experiencin the same issues? Thinking about cancelling my order. :(
and thanx for the info, greatly appreciated :)