• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hp max folding adapter

So can the folding adapter be removed and perhaps be replaced with one that locks up solid when either open or closed like my SB tactical one? Just asking before I even attempt to remove it. Also if anyone has done it has any details tips or tricks tia. I hate a wobbly anything lol. I would much rather have a stock that is solid and stable and non folding versus a stock that wobbles around and is anything but stable. Already did the Velcro trick on the factory butt stock. Don't get the wrong impression I really like the rifle so far.

Sure. Unscrew the buffer tube portion out of the hinge cup. Remove hinge from gun. Remove cup from hinge. The cup part gets faced off in the lathe to remove the remaining portion of the latch cavity for the old hinge. Once that's gone you need a new hole pattern in the cup to bolt it to the original spot the hinge came from. There is room to do this 45 degrees out from the existing hole pattern. Put the gun side of the old hinge in your dividing head and pick up the offset of the hole pattern you need. Then throw the cup in there and drill the four new holes 90 degrees apart. Flip it and re drill the hole from the inside just enough to allow for the head of the cap screws and reassemble to the gun. Screw the buffer tube back in and the butt stock....enjoy.

I did this to an HP and a terminator. No hinge no wobble. If you don't have a lathe or access to one this option may not work.

Also...the quick hole on the stock is a perfect spot for a snuggling grub screw 3/8×16×1/2 ish. Stops more movement and can be loosened to adjust lop.

0204231416.jpg

0204231417.jpg

0204231418.jpg

0204231420.jpg
IMG_20230204_142825.jpg

Last edited: