• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA HP Max .50 leak and project

Purchased an HP Max 50 last year and only shot it a few times. Mostly sat in the safe. Ended up listing it here on the classifieds because I figured I’d never get around to it. Then a couple days ago I was in the safe for another gun and noticed the gauge was on zero. Pulled it out and filled it to 3000psi and popped it back in the safe. Next day: empty again.

Took it apart checking for obvious source of leak. All o-rings looked intact. Decided the likely culprit was the gauge itself, which had been poorly threadlocked and was missing (what I assume is supposed to be) an o-ring. I ordered a new gauge in case the threads were chewed up and a couple delrin valve o-rings. Hoping this solves the problem.

In the meantime I’ve removed it from the classifieds and decided now that I’ve taken the whole gun apart and have my head around it (more or less) that I want to keep it. I want to try my hand at turning it into a project gun and making some alterations to it (once I fix the leak of course). The only problem is that I don’t know where to start or what to try to do.

Any cool ideas about things I can do to an HP Max .50? Both internal and external. The platform feels very conducive to augmentation. I’m open to suggestions.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore