• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How's your free hand shooting?

^^ @sonny's post re: bored with shooting off of sandbangs on a bench. I planned on shooting FT this summer so have been shooting off of sticks seated on a milk crate quite a bit just to get used to it / comfortable with it - I find that I actually kinda like shooting this way. I NEED to work on my standing off hand shooting - I absolutely suck at that! ( lol ) I like the idea of putting paper behind the empty tin so you can see where the misses wind up . . . .

I have always wondered how people shoot without their hands? Maybe you could post some pictures?

Why the use of question marks to punctuate your sentences?
1f601.svg

Guess that I was asking a Q U E S T I O N ?

What's the question?

There's no question, haha.

Nice shooting offhand OP!

When shooting Field Target competitions, the standing off-hand lane usually separates the winner from the crowd. Just saying.

Of course, if I was hunting and walking the woods I would need my 12lb rifle, 40x scope, rifle stand, my shooting jacket, lucky shooting shoes and a 10 minute break to get my heart rate down. LOL So it may not work.

Happy Easter to all.

Gary
Venice, FL

I like to walk around my yard and shoot steel. I use a pistol mostly. But I do take out the rifle some. One thing I find for me either shooting my Wolverine or Regal if I turn the magnification down I hit more. If I'm up over 10x I start slapping the trigger. Somedays shooting high magnification I amaze myself. but its not consistent and gets worse the more I shoot that way. Yesterday I was shooting between 30 and 40 yards with my wolverine. I was hitting up to maybe 90 percent at 4x I started at 16x and my shooting was less than 20 percent. I have shoot steel silhouette most of my life and have shot with guys that shoot 30x and shoot great. Seriously I have had the thoughts of throwing my high power rifle shooting high magnification. Thats the day I stopped shooting high power. It sets in the cabinet for about 10 years now. 

have fun

Off-hand shooting seems to be largely a lost-art in these days of high power guns and higher power scopes. But any way you cut it...it is good practice, frankly quite humbling. I shoot off-hand perhaps 20% of the time. I do another 20% of my shooting with with the rifle resting against the side of a the door jamb of my workshop which faces into my backyard range. This is good practice for hunting in the forest where I often shoot with the rifle resting against the side of a tree. But let's be honest....the truth is...everyone loves a bench rest!