• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Howdy - New Member

Just discovered this site. I am from Boise, Idaho and have been shooting springers in my basement for about 15 years. I currently have four - two Beeman R10's (one is .177, one is .22), an RWS Diana 34 (.22) and a Feinwerkbau 300S (.177). I have BSA scopes on the 177 Beeman, the RWS and the Feinwerkbau. 

I just rebuilt the two Beemans with new springs and seals. They all shoot great - my normal pellets are RWS Hobby or Diablo basics. My range is 21 feet in my basement and I shoot offhand for practice for hunting. I have thinned the local squirrels when they pester the bird feeders in the back yard.

I would like to get a moderated PCP rifle for the noise reduction over the springers, for back yard use.

Looking forward to exploring this site.

Welcome! Sounds like you have a nice collection of classics. If you are looking into PCPs remember you'll need a fill source, be it hand pump, scuba or scba tank (and a place to get them filled) or a compressor. Click on the 'quick links to our sponsors' banner at the bottom of the page-Crosman offers a 25% discount to AGN members. The Benjamin Marauder is an excellent gun to start with and very quiet.

Another "welcome" from a fellow Boise-ian. I only know a few in the area that are involved with airguns but I know there are others (like youself) that I don't know personally.

I like your springers and consider the R9 in 177 my hands down favorite in my small collection. I enjoy both springers and PCP's but can't shoot outside due to my location so most of my indoor shooting is offhand with springers. I moved into PCP's after shooting a friends FX Trantula but before I made that move I had to know how I would fill it with air. I found a scuba shop in town that would fill tanks to approx 4200psi so I bought a used tank and started my journey with PCP's. That scuba shop changed hands and is now "Dive Magic". There are some paintball groups around here as well that might know of other fill stations but I've never tried to find more. Of course there are many other options today regarding compressors for the average airgunner but it pays to do research before you jump into that aspect.

PM sent