• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How would I eliminate skunks without the smell?

That’s great footage showing the spray going off. I could almost smell it on line. There’s another big one hanging around here again, I’m going to try the heart shot again and see if it will be number 4 with no spray. I gave two of the biggest ones to my landlord and he had them tanned (cased) I think it’s called...they are whole and complete with the claws, and face whiskers. His wife has them laying on the floor next to a caribou skin rug, looks kind of like two dead skunks in the living room! lol.

BlackIce. Soon as the solution hits skunk scent the smell is gone. No need to clear down to dirt it wont help. The solution has only been around for the last 15 yrs or so. Its a huge game changer for dealing with skunks. Shoot it in the head ,with a good shot it will die right there. Yes it will spray! With a body shot it might not, but it is just as likley to run off spraying leaving a trail that when anything passes through . If you spray the ground in front of you as you near the kill sight and cover the area good its like shooting any other pest in your yard. Never spray water on skunk its the same as gassing a fire. Good luck.

If you don't want to shoot it and have it Stink up the place, try getting a 6" ID round pipe, about 6 to 10 ft long, cap one end, put cat food inside as far in as you can, place it along a fence or near bushes, but make sure it can be easily picked up, this will require you to either watch for the skunk or put in a Harbor freight ding donger to let you know if it went inside the pipe, It's a natural instinct for skunks to seek out hiding places so a 6" pipe works perfectly to catch them, once it enters the pipe, lift the open end up so it can't climb out and it won't spray in the pipe, walk it out to an area to let it go or dispatch or seal the open end and drive it far away........ it works, I've done it several times, but I've always let it go under the Bad Neighbors house or in their car........ I don't recommend that...... 😂

I like the pipe idea. I'm thinking of constructing something so that if I place it on the ground put an alarm system there and when an animal crawls inside I can remotely press a button that will lift one end of the pipe up using a counterbalance weight trapping the animal inside. Then it would be a simple matter of gluing an end cap on the other side and even if he shoots the smells not getting out the hermetically sealed. My only problem is I also have a lot of possums rats around and I guess they would go inside as well. I don't think raccoons can fit inside.

I just found a simple DIY trap that if up sized may work great. Leave the holes out of the back end, make the hinge door removable and reusable. Then when the trap is triggered, spray some ether (starting fluid) in the pipe when it is knocked out remove the door for reuse, glue the end shut and throw it in the trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7XZ8Yr6x8g