how worried do I need to be

I use a nomad II, I dont use it frequently. I dont want an expensive PC ruined by moisture over the years. How much do i need to worry about that happening if i use the filter that comes with the compressor, I follow the recommendations about filling, etc.

Is there more to do to minimize the chance of moisture and rust eventually forming or is it just unecessary worry on my part?

I can’t speak for everyone else. I have a FX streamline that I used a hand pump on for a short while.when I pulled the regulator out to do some adjusting on I found signs of moisture from then on I’ve used a filter with descant . So yes I would get a filter you can find them on Amazon or eBay there are a lot of good articles in the search best of luck and happy shooting. P.S I have a Benjamin traveler after each fill I unhook the hose turn the compressor back on for just a few you will be amazed how much moisture come out.

You gonna hear all kinds of answers to your question but in reality it all depends where you located and in what environment you filling your tank/gun.

I'm using shoebox to top my tank in climate control garage for over ten years with simple filter and just took apart 12y old rifle to reseal it and not a sign of any moisture inside. 

Just for clarification I run shoebox for 30min and then 30min brake......and on and on until my tank is full, also i drain shop compressor every 15 min or so.

B