How tough is it to shoot coyotes in the dark?

Congrats on #5.

I make it faster to get off a shot. I usually per mount the gun on a tripod aimed at the baited location with a pellet chambered safety on. If using IR night vision if you setup a always on webcam the light doesn't move or change intensity the critters don't get spooked. The webcam can send your phone an alert then all you have to do is look down the scope turn the safety off make minor corrections to your aim and squeeze the shot off.

Without IR night vision or thermal scopes you can you a regular scope with a projected red light beam that is adjustable in brightness. I made one that is 12 watts and has a 6 degree spread and is controlled by wifi to ramp slowly to the desired brightness. I mount the light to a tripod offset and away from the shooters position so that it doesn't attract attention to shooter. The critters don't seem to get to bothered with a red light that is far away 30+ yards and doesn't move and ramps slowly over 15 to 30 seconds to full brightness.

Great Job! You have a great set-up and the rules/regs are in your favor. Looking forward to the video

In Alabama, no night vision or thermal during deer season. .30 caliber PCP or larger, and no baiting, so you are essentially calling coyotes in at unknown distances and trying to lob artillery rounds at them and hoping you can hit something. I've talked to several coyote hunters, and they have all told me it's 10X easier to call in a coyote at night vs daytime.

I am going to switch tactics and will be using my 6.5 Grendel AR PB instead of the. Prophet II in .22 caliber that I would like to use.

Every farmer/rancher I have talked to says that coyotes are an issue. Even the Game Warden says they are a problem. They cause hundreds of millions of damages a year and the rules/regs appear to be stacked in the coyote's favor. I haven't turkey hunted on the farm in the last 8-10 years because the turkey populations are not what they used to be.

@BlackICE. Thank you. Good point with your setup. I might try to use some red lights as well.

@Ezana4CE. Thank you for your support and encouragement. I am very happy I finally got one. Now I can move to another farm to hunt for other coyotes.

@customcutter. Ya lots of rules and regulations to make things harder thats for sure. Good luck with your hunt.

I will need to edit and get the video ready for viewing soon. Thank you all.