• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

How to trade?

I know it’s hard, but there has to be a small amount of trust on both ends of the deal. If I don’t know the person well, I spend a lot of time looking into their posts, and history on the forum. I look at their feedback, and their reputation. If all is good, I ask for pics, pics, and more pics. As detailed info as possible. If you’re still unsure, don’t do the deal.
Remember, he’s in the same boat too. How does he make sure HES not being screwed.

The guy with the least expensive gun agree to ship first. Receiving guy inspect gun upon arrival and once satisfied ship his gun. This will avoid shipping 2 unwanted guns. Double box or buy cheap gun case. Plenty of bubble wrap. Insurance for full value and lots of 🙏.
If both parties have done their job, there should be minimal risk of an "unwanted" rifle. If I ship, I want an understanding that the other party is doing the same. Everyone would want to be last to ship, but I don't think that is a reasonable expectation. You do your best, but you accept the risk.

If both parties have done their job, there should be minimal risk of an "unwanted" rifle. If I ship, I want an understanding that the other party is doing the same. Everyone would want to be last to ship, but I don't think that is a reasonable expectation. You do your best, but you accept the risk.
BLUF, everyone description of a gun is not the same. You expect pristine from other guys description and the gun arrive an 8 out of 10. Been there, done that.

You both have to ship at the same time. No one should be expected to ship first as that is absolutely ridiculous. Communication is key. Look at feedback and talk on the phone first. Everyone freaks out about this more and I don’t understand. It really is the same thing as buying online. You run the risk of getting screwed out of ultimately money wether it be cash (buying) or merchandise when trading.

Reactions: madeintheuk
I resently completed a trade/sale with a Guy and I sent my part of the trade before him.
Now it IS someone I have met and have a great deal of respect for him so I wasn't worried.
Same with an .30 Evanix I sold. A Guy that on many occasions has threatened to Shoot me!
He sent a partial payment and the Evanix goes out this week. And I know he's trustworthy!
It's what works for you and the trust factor.
If in doubt? Go with your Gut feeling. Better to miss a good deal then be ripped off!

1. Check the person's forum content. Only deal with members that have a history. Personally for me 1 year minimum and a frequent user.

2. Call the person talking to someone always is very important. More than once.

3. Get full name.
Get their physical address
Email address
Home, cell & work phone if possible

4. You can always do a search on him if you have this information

I have delt with many people in the airgun world never had a problem. Many of them here on AGN