How to tell independent reviewers from severely biased ones?

I never purchase a new product unless it has been in the field for a while. Feed back from users of new products can be very reliable. Having grown up on a farm, I always remember the old man busting the stones of sale people who attempted to sell him an item. He always asked them for the names of 5 people in the area who had the widget they were selling. He never was an impulse buyer. Do not be swayed by creative advertising. Do your own homework!

It's one thing to "say" how great a gun is and another thing to "show" it. Joe is a great example of independent reviewers and admire him for not being afraid to hurt anyone's feelings. For myself I'm sponsored by quite a few companies that essentially pay me to torture test Airguns. It's not enough to retire on but nonetheless something I love doing and keeps me in the field. Some reviewers will work with anything, like polishing a turd for the camera. Lol I think bench reviews have a place but have found that much more can be learned under typical end user use. Whenever I receive a new gun to field use I always look at some popular bench reviews to see what I'm in for. It's nice to see what pellets may work best etc,