How to tell if my Benjamin Marauder has a regulator inside.

I recently bought a .177 m-rod from Amazon and was wondering if there's a simple way, without tearing it down, to see if a regulator is inside. It only has one gauge, the one that tells how much pressure is inside the gun.

It's shooting real good, but I was just wondering.

I reckon I'll just shoot several mags worth of pellets and see how long it shoots them well. But I'm not sure how many shots a regulated .177 m-rod would give.

What's the model# ?

Field and Target versions have regulators.

Doesnt have if it's not Field and Target.

Another way is to fill to 3000psi see if you get 80 consistent shots within 25fps. Assiming it's a 177 or 22. If it's 25 then it's not regulated they be idiots to regulate a 25.

If it's not regulated you might start slow velocity then gradually go up in speed as pressure decreases then peaks for maybe 20-30 shots flat then gradually go down in speed.

What's the model# ?

Another way is to fill to 3000psi see if you get 80 consistent shots within 25fps. Assiming it's a 177 or 22. If it's 25 then it's not regulated they be idiots to regulate a 25.

If it's not regulated you might start slow velocity then gradually go up in speed as pressure decreases then peaks for maybe 20-30 shots flat then gradually go down in speed.

Also, if it only has one gage on the gun and when you fill it up your tank/hand pump gage reads 3000 psi and your guns gage reads like way, way less, then your gun is regulated. This is of course, presuming that the gage on the gun is 100 % trouble free. 

More than likely, as O’Doyle said, if it’s not a field and target model, it is NOT regulated. 

Reactions: joelayfield
The gauge on the field and target Marauder still reads fill pressure only. Crosman doesn’t have any guns currently that read regulated pressure. Only fill pressure.

Model BP1764RW and BP2264RW are the field and target models and are regulated. There isn’t a .25 caliber field and target Marauder. The 17 and 22 in the model number indicate caliber. 64 indicates the generation. In this case the field and target modes are based on the Gen II Marauder. Gen I Marauders have a 63 in the model number. The R indicates regulated and the W indicates wood stock.

if there’s an S at the end of the mod number that indicates a synthetic stock. If there’s an L in the model number it should have a Lother Walther barrel.

BP22SAW and BP22SAS are the model numbers for the semi auto Marauder indicated by the SA. The W and S are for wood or synthetic stock.

here’s a link to the New 2021 Benjamin catalog 
https://www.crosman.com/storage/catalog_files/VOC21-Benjamin.pdf

I recently bought another 22 Field and Target Marauder in 22 they are kinda anemic in power if it matters. Perfect in 177 though.

I believe the Field and Target regulated models only come with the wood stock like the SAM Marauders with the manometer in the same underbelly cutout location. The stocks between regulated and unregulated Marauders aren't swappable from what I can see unless you butcher to add alternative location hole for the manometer.

When I say anemic it doesn't mean inaccurate at long distance. It's just in the 800fps to 830fps shooting 14.3gr 22 pellets still enough to whack a bird at 100 yards just as easy as a stock Umarex Gauntlet in 22 but the FT Marauder is much nicer to shoot and should be for 2x - 3x the price.

Didn't wanna beat up Shooter1721's video review gun taking it out too much that's all.

The New one isn't as accurate but I didnt expect it to be since Crosman cherry picked the barrel for the video review. I have a MMHF barrel 4 it amyway so no worries plus a tack driving extra new Crosman barrel just as accurate as the MMHF made in the same generatuon as this hand picked Crosman barrel gun. (SMIRK-!!!)

https://youtu.be/8Jd7J0zEh3c

What's the model# ?

If it's not regulated you might start slow velocity then gradually go up in speed as pressure decreases then peaks for maybe 20-30 shots flat then gradually go down in speed.