How to send air rifle that I sold

You can use paypal F&F... Just use a good quality credit card like "mastercard" if you run into a problem you can cancel the cc payment. If I do not recieve an item or the item is not correct, I can stop payment even 30 days after purchase. I would not wait that long..10 days max for me, but no matter, I am not out any money. Was scammed 3 times in the past year trying to buy a TX200, waited as long as two weeks before stopping payment. Seller must respond within 30 days to M/C or they loose. 3 different scammers within 60 days, same card, the cc folks were very helpfull, non of the scammers ever responded to the cc folks. If your funding source does not allow your MC, then dont use that source!!

I was selling and shipping matchbox cars. Under 5.00 from east coast to Central USA. This 3 cars packed in a jello box and sub 5 ounces packed with newspaper and clear packing tape. No go at UPS ( writing screws up their scanner) Same store same day I leave store go shopping get a brown paper bag. Re wrap same box totally seal with clear tape. New kid tells me box is unacceptable must buy their box and send out at a cost of 13 plus dollars to PA. Shipped out Freedom 10 to WA. while buying packing tape get a 10.00 off shipping at UPS. Put eight inch Luan around original box ductaped, then used vinyl house wrap over with clear packing tape. Tracking and insurance less than Post Office. In PO with a vintage Hyscore air pistol in a box, agent see Airgun on box as I slip it in priority box with foam sheets and bubble wrap. Approach box not allowed. Gun? Take same box back to another PO. Answe all questions truthfully arrives w/o a hitch. What I do if air gun shipped break it down pack in two inch blue insulating foam cut out shape one piece for stock and one for action. Eight inch door skins cut to size on all six sides. Duck tape then Vinyl wrap, then clear tape. Makes a Marauder about 14 to 15 lbs. Then all they can do is loose it. Insure accordingly, It's sure getting weird. 

Just a final note from me, all is well here! One bit of important advice....Clear The Gun before packing. I nearly killed my new dishwasher with one left chambered. I need to slow down and revisit safety before my next move. 
‘thanks again,

scott

I'm sorry but I got a laugh out of almost killing your dishwasher!

But on a really serious note... Who ships a loaded gun??? Could have killed someone in transit! Stuff like that is what will make it illegal to ship one in the future. 

DO CHECK YOUR RIFLE before shipping, if it is found to be loaded, that is a federal offense even with an airgun !! Had one shipped to me that way, opened the box and gun went off blowing holes thru my wifes clothes hanging after ironing. Could have been my wife or kids !!! I looked into the violation and he could have been fined 5-10 thousand dollars and 5 years in prison and spent an hour chewing his ear off. No excuse there, check your gun before shipping !!

DO CHECK YOUR RIFLE before shipping, if it is found to be loaded, that is a federal offense even with an airgun !! Had one shipped to me that way, opened the box and gun went off blowing holes thru my wifes clothes hanging after ironing. Could have been my wife or kids !!! I looked into the violation and he could have been fined 5-10 thousand dollars and 5 years in prison and spent an hour chewing his ear off. No excuse there, check your gun before shipping !!

How’d you explain That to your wife? “ Ummmmmm, honey......remember that sapphire ring you had your eye on?”

IMO pack it all up and print the label at home and just drop it off at the post office or UPS drop off location. If they ask what's in it, say curtain rods.. Although it is NOT against any rules to ship an air rifle with either company, the people at the desk will freak out if you say the word "rifle" or "gun" no matter what is in front of it. UPS Store is actually privately owned franchise and not owned by UPS, they can and will refuse to let you ship it through them if you say "air rifle" under their own policy. 

With USPS you literally just walk up and set it on the desk and say "prepaid" and they say "thank you, do you want a receipt?". It's that easy. You don't even have to stand in line usually, usually there's a small counter on the very end that you can walk up to and drop off prepaid stuff.

True. Except I say "sporting equipment" if asked.