• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to sell an Airgun

Best policy is to be honest and up front with description and any flaws with the gun. Unlike some sellers, if you own it it is used, no matter if you only bought it last month. Ask a fair price to include shipping and PayPal fees, don't try to recoup the cost of the gun. That way whoever looks at your ad will know exactly how much it will cost and can decide to buy yours or buy new. Post pictures or have them ready to email to prospective buyers. Don't ship until the money has cleared your bank. I personally love PayPal.

I have bought and sold several guns and have not been burned following these guidelines. When I buy, I always pay the PP fees to get their protection.

I've sold 200+ airguns in 20 years with only one issue/problem. Well over half of those airguns I purchased used.

TALK ! Airgun folks like to talk airguns and if not something is off to me.
Selling I accept only federal U.S.P.S. Money Order. A standard of airgun buying for over 20 years, they can be verified and cashed in seconds at your post office - cant come back like a check- and paypal ( while being anti-gun, they hadnt een in business a year before they dropped airgun dealers, sure they saw the big$$$ and later changed again but left a bad tatste) offers the seller NO protection, if a buyer says you shipped them a rock, paypal refunds there money.

VERY few first time airgunners buying used, whomever you deal with should, know other airgunners, be using there real email that they've had for years. Post across forums using the same handle ( cant always be done but people who are hhidding ???? maybe stay away from).

Do feel free to ask who they know. They should know someone.
Do use the buyer/seller reference here and personally I like using BOTH the PM function here and email - both- for a clear record of the deal.

Naturally attending a match would be nice, face to face is so n ice, and then you meet allthese other airgunners and start tpo know who's who.

John