Tuning How to seal this thing?

This PCP fill cable started leaking. No problem I heat it up and broke the hard seal, cleaned the threads, wrap the male fitting with a white plumbers teflon tape, still leaks.

I redo again, and again several times wrapping thicker layers of tape, still leaks.

When I take a closer look to a thread, both male and female threads are machine cut into a stainless steel, I cannot explain different but somehow looks like the thread depth or a profile is not matching.

What are the other options, some liquid seal, thicker maybe?

Capture.1607821432.JPG

Surprised you haven't tried the thicker yellow gas pipe sealing Teflon first.

Hope you installed and wrapped the Teflon the correct way so it goes with the tightening direction and not opposite which may certainly still leak.

Yep, what he said. Coincidentally I just had a leak on the other threads, where the hose connects and fortunately for me, Teflon tape worked.

Surprised you haven't tried the thicker yellow gas pipe sealing Teflon first.

Hope you installed and wrapped the Teflon the correct way so it goes with the tightening direction and not opposite which may certainly still leak.

I have only fine thin white plumbing tape couple rolls, ordered the Loctite 5452 from amazon 3x the price of 545....OK the ml is bigger and most likely will last for a lifetime.

The two threads, male and female are each nicely machined in to stainless steel, but the profile of a thread is...not on a tight fit, and a teflon tape what I have at home is not enough thick to close the gap under 300 bar pressure.