• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to score a permission hunting herpes infected 🐒 in FL

Link to News Article about Rhesus Macques in Florida

Oh boy, if some of you don't already know we have Rhesus Macques throughout Central and North Florida. They cannot be hunted on WMA but can be taken on private property. Ive already had this verified by Florida Fish and Wildlife. The biggest troop being in the Silver Springs Park WMA. I have tried several times to get a permissions but keep hitting brick walls. 

I actually want to make a YouTube video series on it but haven't been successful as of today. What are some of your tricks to help score permissions?

😂😂. Approach the landowner and offer your services. Have you tool of hoice on hand o show them what you have. Make small talk inquire if they feel the monkey is causing problems and if so ask if they would like to them removed at no cost. I got my farm permission with two bottles of jack Daniel's and brief show of what I could do. I had my 22 cal and my 177 to show I was versatile and was cognizant of limiting damage.

Silver Springs is full of them. They are almost in every tree when you get close to the source spring. Went all the way to the source on jetski a few years back. Couldn't believe how many of those monkeys were screeching and jumping around everywhere... Didn't know they were infected...

Thats a beautiful area, the source is crystal clear to the bottom over a hundred feet deep. You'll never get permission there, way to many tree huggers/peta.

Jees why is it everyone with an airgun wants to kill anything and everything that moves,

Review, just in case you can't understand.... monkeys kept in cages at a research facility were infected with a lethal strand Herpes virus for "science..." Those monkeys escaped and are now taking over the environment in central Florida. It is not a bad science fiction movie - these monkeys are breeding and spreading their invasive presence across the land.

Review part 2

+ Invasive species

+ Viral infection

+ No existing plan to stop their spread

= a great reason to employ airguns to try to remedy a comically bad situation.

Vinny - why do you think you are the moral voice for the airgun community? If the story horrifies you, don't read about it.

Jees why is it everyone with an airgun wants to kill anything and everything that moves,

Review, just in case you can't understand.... monkeys kept in cages at a research facility were infected with a lethal strand Herpes virus for "science..." Those monkeys escaped and are now taking over the environment in central Florida. It is not a bad science fiction movie - these monkeys are breeding and spreading their invasive presence across the land.

Review part 2

+ Invasive species

+ Viral infection

+ No existing plan to stop their spread

= a great reason to employ airguns to try to remedy a comically bad situation.

Vinny - why do you think you are the moral voice for the airgun community? If the story horrifies you, don't read about it.

Agreed 1000% 

It's a little strange that FWC will allow me to dispatch them on private property but not on local WMA. Yet we can take hogs all year round without any bag limit even on WMA. I would hate to be on PETAs hit list lmao. Sounds like FWC are still unsure what to do with them. In any case we could be looking at a India - Temple Monkey issue eventually where they will just breed out of control and will be all over the state by 2050.

INVASIVE. If you don’t get rid of them, they will spread across the land. Macaques can live in cold weather also. I’m sorry, the next time I’m out in my Deerstand, I don’t want to see a Japanese macaque.

mike

wait, maybe the boa constrictors and the pythons will get them...They will cancel each other out, naturally without incident.

Relax Jim never said I was the moral anything for anyone. Just made a statement and a pretty legit statement at that, I have absolutely nothing against hunting , but I don’t kill anything just to say look jimmy see what I got me today! I teach the grand kids same thing don’t shoot it just to shoot it , but I get it some folk just have to do it , makes the purchase worthwhile to them somehow, If I hit a sore spot with certain people oh well , don’t like drama so I’m done. 

Relax Jim never said I was the moral anything for anyone. Just made a statement and a pretty legit statement at that, I have absolutely nothing against hunting , but I don’t kill anything just to say look jimmy see what I got me today! I teach the grand kids same thing don’t shoot it just to shoot it , but I get it some folk just have to do it , makes the purchase worthwhile to them somehow, If I hit a sore spot with certain people oh well , don’t like drama so I’m done.

I don't think anybody said anything about killing just to kill.....

I like monkeys,most of my friends act like them,I will never be afraid of a monkey.Killer Bees are a much harder target,virus carry-en mesqoestos are even harder to hit...in my part it is the Deer Tick that is the Bad Boy.....like if it ain't one thing it's another,,,mankind.

I remember back when squirrels were carrying a plague.....now man is.....again,got to admit I am afraid of him....

I like monkeys,most of my friends act like them,I will never be afraid of a monkey.Killer Bees are a much harder target,virus carry-en mesqoestos are even harder to hit...in my part it is the Deer Tick that is the Bad Boy.....like if it ain't one thing it's another,,,mankind.

I remember back when squirrels were carrying a plague.....now man is.....again,got to admit I am afraid of him....

Lol. Actual lol