• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to properly degas the Dreamline Tac? Troubleshooting leak.

Hello,

You airgun masters of the universe. I recently purchased my son an FX Dreamline Tac (sweet gun) and I’ve noticed it has a slow leak. I’m wanting to remove the air tube to check the O ring and reseat it. But I don’t know the proper degassing method for that gun. I don’t want to bleed it off via the front manometer due to possibly shifting the reg forward. The gun is still showing around 145 bar on the front Mano and the reg Mano. It seems to get there and either stop or slow to a crawl.

Does anyone know the proper procedure?

My way:

Properly sized Crescent wrench 🔧 and loosen the the front manometer slowly (very slowly) there is a air weep hole located where the manometer is threaded into. This will release the air pressure. I stress the importance of de-pressuring slowly, too fast and your regulator will be pushed by the plenum’s pressure out of position.(pushed towards the muzzle end) This would cause air to be released at the Amp regulator adjustment hole and potentially damage an o-ring. Only loosen the manometer until the air pressure is venting off softly and you’ll be fine. In my experience you may have to loosen the manometer/gauge more periodically due to the pressure dropping. Eventually the pressure will go flat. Don’t rush, letting the gauge fall slow and steady. In my experience it takes about 10 minutes if de-pressuring from full.

Take the dust cover off the air gauge on the front of the air tank; using an 11mm "thin" open end wrench loosen the air gauge about a half turn; this will allow the air in the tank to escape. If you look closely you will see a small hole in the "neck" that the air gauge screws into...by loosening the gauge a little it allows the air to vent from there. Once the air has all escaped simply tighten the air gauge back down; then using both hands unscrew the air tank off the gun; now you will have access to remove the regulator and replace the o-rings. If you have a problem let me know and I will walk you through it.

All the best, Chuck

☝🏽Correction on the Crescent wrench, I was thinking of my Huma wika gauges. For the FX manometer you will need a thin walled 11mm wrench. My bad, see the picture?

1569812772_15288169015d9171248f0ca6.83984532_572D9439-7284-4A80-B4A2-52E0316D66FB.jpeg

1569812797_2189286535d91713db446c8.66485000_E0AB605D-48A7-4EBC-A1CE-52F26A681E97.jpeg

1569881862_1887280815d927f061047b6.35269951_6AB90EFE-5D42-4DB8-A8D7-11E0C355BF0D.jpeg
Good deal. Thanks guys!!

I will remove and reseat when my grease gets here. 
Oh I almost forgot. What about using the hole where the valve sits? (On the dreamline you can see the valve through a hole that runs from one side of the block to the other.)Using a small Allen to slowly open the valve. That would be behind the reg. I can’t remember where I seen that process or who used it. Have you guys seen it?

Good deal. Thanks guys!!

I will remove and reseat when my grease gets here. 
Oh I almost forgot. What about using the hole where the valve sits? (On the dreamline you can see the valve through a hole that runs from one side of the block to the other.)Using a small Allen to slowly open the valve. That would be behind the reg. I can’t remember where I seen that process or who used it. Have you guys seen it?

This is also possible. I used to degas this way on my FX Streamline. Until I started to have issues with the valve pin, valve seat and o-ring sealing when the gun was reassembled. Now I refrain from this method and just degas at the cylinder pressure gauge. (Slowly). It proved at least in my case, to have less complications. Both ways will work though.