• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

How to PM in classifieds

The classifieds are probably one of the major draws for new users. Providing an initially frustrating experience for them (myself included) is not an ideal solution. You can say "go somewhere else if you don't like it", that's your prerogative, but you have to acknowledge that reality and that you are making that choice intentionally. There are other ways to prevent spam than frustrating your new and existing users

The classifieds are probably one of the major draws for new users. Providing an initially frustrating experience for them (myself included) is not an ideal solution. You can say "go somewhere else if you don't like it", that's your prerogative, but you have to acknowledge that reality and that you are making that choice intentionally. There are other ways to prevent spam than frustrating your new and existing users
they are ABDOLUTELY making it intentional. To protect us. Don’t be surprised if you reach your requirements, and nobody wants to do business with you either. Or makes it extremely difficult to do so. Many members here have been taken by scammers. Enough that the current membership probably won’t do business with someone so new, and so eager to put it out there that they’re only here for a sale!
Good luck in your short time here.

they are ABDOLUTELY making it intentional. To protect us. Don’t be surprised if you reach your requirements, and nobody wants to do business with you either. Or makes it extremely difficult to do so. Many members here have been taken by scammers. Enough that the current membership probably won’t do business with someone so new, and so eager to put it out there that they’re only here for a sale!
Good luck in your short time here.
Appreciate the feedback and warm welcome!

I am new and think it is a little over the top now waiting 10days wow really? I wanted to buy a guys FX but guess what bought a used one yesterday from Utah Airguns get a 90 day warranty and I know that gun is gone through with brand new scope, rings and pellets. I got the confirmation that it has already shipped! Thats scope mounted and sited at 35 yards all function and air leakage tested.

Why not just make it to were you have to pm your cel number for the seller to call and get a feel. And they are too lazy to do that then I don't to buy from them because I seriously doubt, they will ship it that fast with 5 hours of opening and receiving payment.

Explain to me how a seller gets burned if paid via paypal, bank wire or some other verifiable means are they shipping before they receive verified funds? Well WT* seems a little nanny state to me.

Why not just make it to were you have to pm your cel number for the seller to call and get a feel. And they are too lazy to do that then I don't to buy from them because I seriously doubt, they will ship it that fast with 5 hours of opening and receiving payment.

Explain to me how a seller gets burned if paid via paypal, bank wire or some other verifiable means are they shipping before they receive verified funds? Well WT* seems a little nanny state to me.
I've run several forums over the years, it's a lot of work which is largely thankless. I've participated in MANY forums and have never seen one with an xx day waiting period.

A number of minimum posts is absolutely a great control to put in place. Additional controls would be to ban internet service providers who are not based in the US. Geoblock IP's whose source are outside of the US. Sure, there are scammers within the US, but this cuts down significantly. The waiting period does nothing. To think that threat actors care if they need to wait to take action is providing a false sense of security. Threat actors prefer to lay in dormancy. Put captcha services in place, it's free up to one million hits. You might have figured out that I'm in IT Security by now.

It's always a great practice to communicate with a seller and buyer for any transaction. Ask something specific about what you're buying. Look for clues in postings. It doesn't apply as much here but when I'm looking at boats and the listing says they're nearby to me in PA and I see palm trees in the photos, you know instantly that it's a scam.

I landed on this thread after participating in several threads. I found several guns of interest in the classifieds and was wondering why I still could not reply. Unfortunately for those sellers, I ended up buying new. I received a ship notification two hours after purchasing, and will receive the new gun with 5 days left in my waiting period.

I am looking forward to participating and learning from the community, perhaps when I'm ready to upgrade it'll be through a transaction on here.

I've run several forums over the years, it's a lot of work which is largely thankless. I've participated in MANY forums and have never seen one with an xx day waiting period.

A number of minimum posts is absolutely a great control to put in place. Additional controls would be to ban internet service providers who are not based in the US. Geoblock IP's whose source are outside of the US. Sure, there are scammers within the US, but this cuts down significantly. The waiting period does nothing. To think that threat actors care if they need to wait to take action is providing a false sense of security. Threat actors prefer to lay in dormancy. Put captcha services in place, it's free up to one million hits. You might have figured out that I'm in IT Security by now.

It's always a great practice to communicate with a seller and buyer for any transaction. Ask something specific about what you're buying. Look for clues in postings. It doesn't apply as much here but when I'm looking at boats and the listing says they're nearby to me in PA and I see palm trees in the photos, you know instantly that it's a scam.

I landed on this thread after participating in several threads. I found several guns of interest in the classifieds and was wondering why I still could not reply. Unfortunately for those sellers, I ended up buying new. I received a ship notification two hours after purchasing, and will receive the new gun with 5 days left in my waiting period.

I am looking forward to participating and learning from the community, perhaps when I'm ready to upgrade it'll be through a transaction on here.
good info.
I wrote up a whole bio at the request of this forum

Good info
however I wrote a bio for this forum for I believe it is "more about you or something to that effect" the forum kept telling me it was spam related! really this is 100% factual professional experience. So I kept cutting it down every sentence I removed I got the same response Spam. Until I got down to the very last sentence guess what seems similar to spam. So screw it you all don't get to know quat about me.
The system is flawed!

You have 11 posts, 3 of which just say "test test", 2 posts complaing about having to make 10 posts, and then this post.

By my calculations you only have 5 real posts. Go join in on some real conversation

You have 11 posts, 3 of which just say "test test", 2 posts complaing about having to make 10 posts, and then this post.

By my calculations you only have 5 real posts. Go join in on some real conversations.
So the requirement it's not just "10 posts"? The requirement is 10 "real" posts? What qualifies as a "real" post?

• Love
Reactions: Wokdaf
So the requirement it's not just "10 posts"? The requirement is 10 "real" posts? What qualifies as a "real" post?
Screenshot_20221229-194159_Chrome.jpg

Its 10 quality comments man it really shouldn't be this hard. Go have a meaningful conversation with someone regarding your airgun.

What guns are you shooting?

Reactions: Ezana4CE
View attachment 318177

Its 10 quality comments man it really shouldn't be this hard. Go have a meaningful conversation with someone regarding your airgun.

What guns are you shooting?
Lol I missed the "quality" requirement. What a load of judgmental bs.

But I do appreciate your inquiry

Drozd
Izh 46m
Modded 1322
Trail np 22
Gamo mach 1 177
Rws 94
etc...

Last edited:
Be glad the forum owner doesn't listen to me. Back when I was heavy into the hot rod computer scene the main tech forum I spent time on had such a problem with multiple accounts and scammers that we made it 100 meaningful posts and a moderator review before granting access to the classified section. If you tried to spam your way to 100 posts you never got in and it solved 99.9% of the problems.
Think about it. If you offer a $2000 airgun for sale that means someone has to trust you to send the airgun after you get their $2000. Security needs to be tight and those who complain about security look more suspicious.

Be glad the forum owner doesn't listen to me. Back when I was heavy into the hot rod computer scene the main tech forum I spent time on had such a problem with multiple accounts and scammers that we made it 100 meaningful posts and a moderator review before granting access to the classified section. If you tried to spam your way to 100 posts you never got in and it solved 99.9% of the problems.
Think about it. If you offer a $2000 airgun for sale that means someone has to trust you to send the airgun after you get their $2000. Security needs to be tight and those who complain about security look more suspicious.
Internet transactions between individuals is a solved problem. Ebay and the like have had it figured out for decades. No reason for this website to try and re-invent the wheel. I haven't posted 100 messages to any forum, ever... You guys wanna keep your group small and elitist, that is your prerogative...

Internet transactions between individuals is a solved problem. Ebay and the like have had it figured out for decades. No reason for this website to try and re-invent the wheel. I haven't posted 100 messages to any forum, ever... You guys wanna keep your group small and elitist, that is your prerogative...
This is a concept that most people figure out within 10 minutes. You're a month into it now and are still struggling with it. No offense but if you can't handle making 10 quality posts I don't think you should be giving advice on how someone else's buisness should be run. The fact that you would even concider comparing the infrastructure of a very niche hobby forum to that of a multi billion dollar company is pretty damning proof of your lack of reasoning skills.

The classifieds are for members who add value as a whole. Go add value.