Tuning how to paint a benjamin akela black ?

I don’t know if you are trying to take on this project by yourself but in Central Florida we have Cerakote (I believe that’s how it’s spelled) companies that will paint the entire gun black for only $100. I’d recommend you look into it because it will also help preserve the metal on your gun. Check out this video on the process: https://youtu.be/cuqo8f_7foU

you may also want to check to make sure it doesn’t void the 5 year warranty that comes with your airgun. 

good luck on the project!

I've had great results on gun stocks using this method : sand with a scotchbrite pad the maroon colored one, you don't want to remove the wood you just want to give the paint some tooth to stick, blow off dust with compressed air then wipe down with grease & wax remover let it dry then spray on a light coat of Rustoleum egg shell black if the stock absorbs too much and is too light apply another coat of black, after about an hour follow with two coats of Rustoleum clear of your choice semi gloss or gloss. For the tactical black look i would go with semi gloss. Good luck!