How to modify Crosman P1322

Found lots of threads everywhere but nothing that is really helping me. I just bought the 1322 for 53.00 it seems to be a good candidate for all kinds of modifications. My goal ( at least at this time ?? ) is do a little at a time and try and stay around 150 in mods. Not really into hunting although there is someones pet rabbit?? that has been using my bushes and plants as a buffet and I have had enough. With that one exception mostly squirrels beer cans target shooting. I would like to improve accuracy, fps, add a scope ( red dot?? ) longer barrel, etc. People mention Muzzle Brake, Power Adjuster, trigger mods. Hope someone can educate me or at least what I should do without ordering blindly.

Thanks Norman

The stock internal will support up to a 24 inch barrel with a increase in performance .And that is how I have gone is with longer barrels . Rule of thumb is 10 fps increase with each inch. you can get a barrel up to 24 inches. Also change to a steal breach. If you go past 14 inches also do your pump.

With a 14.5 inch barrel and steal breach you should get around 520fps at ten pumps

Thanks not sure exactly how far I will take it? What would you suggest to start, I was thinking 18" barrel this valve; www.ebay.com/itm/High-Performance-PUMP-RP-VALVE-for-Crosman-1322-1377-BackPacker-NO-FLAT-TOP-Reqd-/301290866

steel breech. If you can suggest a better way to start that is fine as well? One thing is for sure at somepoint have to get better grips and pump handle.

Norman

Sorry for the questions just want to modify the right way. I priced everything on the video minus grips, pump handle, scope approx. 200 give or take. Also looked at some videos on replacing different parts could be wrong but it seems the best way to do this is get everything I want first then once I have everything then go about replacing. It just seems no matter what you replace the pistol has to come apart and if that is the case rather do it once then do it several times. Just think the more you take it apart the more the chance something can become loose or broke.

Sorry for the questions just want to modify the right way. I priced everything on the video minus grips, pump handle, scope approx. 200 give or take. Also looked at some videos on replacing different parts could be wrong but it seems the best way to do this is get everything I want first then once I have everything then go about replacing. It just seems no matter what you replace the pistol has to come apart and if that is the case rather do it once then do it several times. Just think the more you take it apart the more the chance something can become loose or broke.

Not a bad philosophy-pay attention to the tiny screw under the bolt that's the most forward attachment of the breech to the air tube, I like to use a clamp to hold the parts together rather than drawing them together by tightening the tiny screw. Use a quality Allen wrench to avoid damaging the screw.

Spoke to David at needful things web site and I was given great information! Considering what I want to do with this pistol he suggested these items:

Steel Breech

Super Pack Pump RP Valve, Hammer, Port

Trigger Sear Spring Adj.

Shoe ( not sure about this a trigger costs almost the same? )

With these items he says I should get approx. 100FPS over stock. My goal once I dispose of a problem rabbit is backyard target shooting or as they say plinking. Does anyone have suggestions for scopes for the 1322 not looking for the latest and greatest just functional? Once I get this done then I will get new grips and pump handle.

Decided how far going to take mods. added the RP performance valve, adj trigger sear spring, trigger shoe, steel breech ( and of course messed up the rear breech screw waiting on new one ), added stronger hammer spring. While waiting for the rear breech screw also ordered 14.5" barrel and barrel band. The last 3 items to order brass vented muzzle brake, walnut pistol grips and walnut forearm pump handle. My hope based on what I have read I should be real close to 600fps?? once done.

Decided how far going to take mods. added the RP performance valve, adj trigger sear spring, trigger shoe, steel breech ( and of course messed up the rear breech screw waiting on new one ), added stronger hammer spring. While waiting for the rear breech screw also ordered 14.5" barrel and barrel band. The last 3 items to order brass vented muzzle brake, walnut pistol grips and walnut forearm pump handle. My hope based on what I have read I should be real close to 600fps?? once done.

get yourself a stainless steel breech screw from Magnum Airpower. Much better than those tiny oem screws. 
https://onlinestore.magnumairpower.com/products/custom-breech-screw

Actually I ordered one earlier this week and another from someone on E-Bay (eastbaywarrior) and lastly there is a company called Fastenal and they sell lots of different types of fasteners. I took the 4-48 x 1/4 rear breech screw to them and also the #8-32 x 9/32 trigger frame screw and hopefully will be getting 2 of each by Tuesday the latest. If these are correct the cost is less then a 1.00 for all 4 ( provided you have it shipped to the store shipping costs at least for me not worth it. ) By any chance does anyone know of anywhere else besides the e-bay site needful things-2019 that has the wooden grip and forearm pump handle? Odds are I am going to buy from them ( David Grimes ), he is a great guy a wealth of information and does not try and over sell on things you do not need.

Hi, I am sort of in the same boat as you are. I purchased a steel breech with rear sight from alliancehobby.com and am planning on getting a 14.5" barrel kit. I am a little confused about which gives the best performance internally? some say flat top ??? any input would be appreciated.

Read the whole thread through and watch the vid. I can't add much to what has already been posted. I used flat top pistons/valves from David Grimes, the owner of Alchemy Airwerks.

One thing I can add is to recommend a LDC / TKO to put on yours. Flat topping the 1322 makes it loud.... larger volume valve ... more air pumped and stored...when released its loud. 

Congrats on purchasing your new 1322, the whole series of pneumatic and Co2 guns from Crossman are great price wise, performance wise, and modification wise, they can be addictive, many shooters buy them and spend more time and money customizing them than they do shooting them.

However they can be a proverbial money pit, but they do have a point at which their maximum potential is reached and any more modification is simply wasted time and wasted money.

My personal experience with my 1322 and 2240 has been that some mods are good, adding a steel breech, good optics, a 14-1/2 barrel, an adjustable trigger mod, and lastly a shoulder stock will increase velocity a little and accuracy allot, I've also found that spending a bunch of money on the internals ie. adjustable hammer springs, higher output valves, bigger transfer ports, only to add an extra 60 or feet per second from 550 fps to a tad over 600 fps. is not worth the extra time or money, and in many cases the different mods fight each other and you end up spending more time backtracking and trouble shooting.

Congrats on purchasing your new 1322, the whole series of pneumatic and Co2 guns from Crossman are great price wise, performance wise, and modification wise, they can be addictive, many shooters buy them and spend more time and money customizing them than they do shooting them.

However they can be a proverbial money pit, but they do have a point at which their maximum potential is reached and any more modification is simply wasted time and wasted money.

My personal experience with my 1322 and 2240 has been that some mods are good, adding a steel breech, good optics, a 14-1/2 barrel, an adjustable trigger mod, and lastly a shoulder stock will increase velocity a little and accuracy allot, I've also found that spending a bunch of money on the internals ie. adjustable hammer springs, higher output valves, bigger transfer ports, only to add an extra 60 or feet per second from 550 fps to a tad over 600 fps. is not worth the extra time or money, and in many cases the different mods fight each other and you end up spending more time backtracking and trouble shooting.

+1 on too many mods MAYBE being detrimental. My homemade Crosman 2289 Backpacker and homemade Crosman 1389 Backpacker have the whole 9 yards done to them. While on the one hand; both are superlative air rifles (up until I did the last mods to my 1389, my .22 Backpacker was my favorite air rifle), OTOH, my .22 Backpacker does nothing that my Benji 392 w/ its Pinty red/green dot sight can't do. Aside from being 1.5 lbs lighter, maybe. Which is beneficial when its 100F outside.

Life was a lot simpler when my .22 Backpacker only had the mods I bolded in your post. 

+1 on too many mods MAYBE being detrimental. My homemade Crosman 2289 Backpacker and homemade Crosman 1389 Backpacker have the whole 9 yards done to them. While on the one hand; both are superlative air rifles (up until I did the last mods to my 1389, my .22 Backpacker was my favorite air rifle), OTOH, my .22 Backpacker does nothing that my Benji 392 w/ its Pinty red/green dot sight can't do. Aside from being 1.5 lbs lighter, maybe. Which is beneficial when its 100F outside.

Life was a lot simpler when my .22 Backpacker only had the mods I bolded in your post.

Thanks, don't get me wrong, experimenting and modifying can be fun and rewarding, but it can also be frustrating and expensive, I've gone too far on a couple and turned respectable shooters into odd looking parts receptacles.

Thanks, don't get me wrong, experimenting and modifying can be fun and rewarding, but it can also be frustrating and expensive, I've gone too far on a couple and turned respectable shooters into odd looking parts receptacles.

It's all good. Sometimes one HAS to mod their 1377 / 1322 depending on circumstances.

Check this out....the last 1377 I got, the valve in it now rotates every few shots. This happened after a barrel switch from .177 to .22 ... it worked fine before the switch, after the barrel switch the valve turns sideways after a few shots and the hole for the transfer port is partially blocked. Heck if I know whats causing THAT! The screw holding the valve in place is just as tight as it can be.

Not a biggie though. I have a flat top piston and flat top valve I got from Charles Mellon of Mellon Air. I'll just switch out the OEM piston and valve one of these days and put the 1322 barrel on it again. 

Then I'll have to decide whether to keep the lighter sear spring I put in it and live w/ a 'sweet spot' of 15 pumps or so before the new valve starts retaining air. Or, to put a Disco hammer spring in w/ another adjustable sear spring from alchemy airwerks.....You can see how this slippery slope starts....

How to beautify a Crosman 1377 😁

pumper 1377 2.1623264940.jpg