AEA How to make your AEA HP SS great again! 100%

Cool! Same mags as the SS. Does it work well?
I see the rotary wheel is from metal as well which means that you are going to need
a much stronger spring but not as strong as to deform the pellets.
Yeah it's working great. I've tried a few springs and even the weakest one cycled fine. Kinda strange... I was expecting it to jam... but it hasn't happened yet with 38gr slugs.

Reactions: hgg2k
Nice!
It has almost a mirror finish, so maybe that's why.
When is the production starting? :)
I'm kinda torn on producing mags for the semi auto AEAs. It's like... I'd be selling a bandaid to a product that has certain issues by design. And if anything goes wrong and my "bandaid" fails to stop the problems it's suddenly going to be my fault. Production TBD. Definitely making bolt action mags in the next couple months tho.

Reactions: nobody1
Here is the shot count vs power with the new 0.36L bottle:

Shot Count vs Power.png

I used the new A.E. Swede 15 round magazine and I get exactly two magazines (or 3 stock) from 220 bar down to 160 bar.
The pellet is copper coated and it is slower than the normal lead pellets because it has more friction.
240 bar of pressure and lead pellets will give even more rounds and more power.

The power curve is linear, pretty much a straight line. Exactly 2 bar of pressure per shot.
Nothing like the typical bell curve of an unregulated airgun.

Pretty happy with the new setup now.
At last, a fully functional semi auto AEA! (y)

Reactions: Perle
My 22 SS shooting FX 15.9 gr pellets starts out at 910 and bottoms around 780 for two 17 rnd mags. There is 1/2" verticle variation from first shot to last. First 70 fps there is no drop in point of aim. I'm shooting with a .3L bottle filled to 230 bar. I can shoot it at 250 if I shim the hammer spring with a bushing. I get less consistant shots for some reason so I removed the bushing. You can use your stock tube as a hammer spring adjuster. Along with bushings it gives you tons of tuning options. You easily have 3/8" adjustment with just the stock tube.

20231227_190642.jpg

Last edited:
My 22 SS shooting FX 15.9 gr pellets starts out at 910 and bottoms around 780 for two 17 rnd mags. There is 1/2" verticle variation from first shot to last. First 70 fps there is no drop in point of aim. I'm shooting with a .3L bottle filled to 230 bar. I can shoot it at 250 if I shim the hammer spring with a bushing. I get less consistant shots for some reason so I removed the the bushing. You can use your stock tube as a hammer spring adjuster. Along with bushings it gives you tons of tuning options. You easily have 3/8" adjustment with just the stock tube.

View attachment 457618
That’s a mighty nice ss ….

At what range does that 1/2 in stringing occur ?

Thanks Al I completely left that out. Duh...... Fifty yards. I told a friend that the other day and his experience was the same as mine. I carry the SS or my 25 carbine twice a day walking the dogs. The SS in the picture shows wear on the receiver and the shroud. Thats from me carrying it in a single point sling. Shoot lefthanded so that is the side that rubs against my clothes. When I received the rifle last summer it looked like new.

Reactions: Perle
My 22 SS shooting FX 15.9 gr pellets starts out at 910 and bottoms around 780 for two 17 rnd mags. There is 1/2" verticle variation from first shot to last. First 70 fps there is no drop in point of aim. I'm shooting with a .3L bottle filled to 230 bar. I can shoot it at 250 if I shim the hammer spring with a bushing. I get less consistant shots for some reason so I removed the bushing. You can use your stock tube as a hammer spring adjuster. Along with bushings it gives you tons of tuning options. You easily have 3/8" adjustment with just the stock tube.

View attachment 457618
Nice. Is that a custom moderator?
Does it work?

My name is nobody :), no clue about why you call me Nick.

And yes I pulled the trigger fully expecting that the air gun was empty.
I have plenty of airguns and never experienced anything like this.
The AEA HP semiauto airguns are just plain dangerous.

Perle, you have 3 working AEA HP SS.
As you said, sicumj got them sorted out for you.
This means they did not work very well before that.

What about the rest of us, should we all become gunsmiths or hire gunsmiths ?
NUMBER ONE RULE: Always treat any gun as if it was loaded. That being said, the answer to your other question, yes, you buy cheap toys, know how to work on them or quit complaining about them. Expensive ones crap out from time to time also, but the cheapies much more.

Reactions: Sicumj and Perle
Thanks Al I completely left that out. Duh...... Fifty yards. I told a friend that the other day and his experience was the same as mine. I carry the SS or my 25 carbine twice a day walking the dogs. The SS in the picture shows wear on the receiver and the shroud. Thats from me carrying it in a single point sling. Shoot lefthanded so that is the side that rubs against my clothes. When I received the rifle last summer it looked like new.
Aea s are built for use.
A little wear and tear on a field use gun looks rugged and normal.

🇺🇸