AEA How to make your AEA HP SS great again! 100%

Ok, I spoke too early...

Magazine is broken again! lol Guess what broke off?
Not the spring, it was the little plastic extrusion at the bottom inside the magazine
that stops the pellet wheel rotating. This thing is hopeless!

I drilled a larger hole and pushed a 3mm metal pin (6.5mm length), press fit and glued
with two part epoxy. I am not giving up! 🤣
You have to be very precise to install a 3mm rod, so I suggest a 2mm.

View attachment 443222

View attachment 443223

So I guess the stronger slug spring was too much for this trash.
I am feeling like I am polishing a turd...

Let's see how long this will last.

So the slightly lighter spring on the magazine which still works
has a thickness of 0.7mm, OD of 11mm and 11 turns counting
opposite of the spring pins.

Maybe its called AEA for a reason. Abandon Every Attempt... (to fix it...) 🤣
One of my magazines broke the same small plastic piece.
I used it for a while like that by rotating it 2-3 times for more tension.
I gave up on it since I was getting pellets in the trigger area.

No it isn't.

You're going to get yourself killed thinking you can use an airgun for home defense. You should also never remotely suggest that anyone try.

Anyone breaking into your home is not there to play. They will be aggressive as hell and they will have a weapon, likely a firearm, that they are ready to use with intense force. Killing or even stopping hyped up intruder with an airgun is a pipe dream.

Stop fantasizing. I see a lot of people that think their airgun is going to stop an intruder. Could it? Yes. If everything goes as you plan it in your head, which it will not. Should you EVER rely on one or suggest it as an option? Absolutely not, ever.

It's all relative. Personally I have a piles of rocks all over the house and have a fantastic throwing arm. Because everyone knows AG are for hunting and sport shooting only (which is also the official position of this forum). If I hear a bump in the night I have a rock in each hand and 4 extra stuffed in my pockets ready to go.

Is it this one?

Dave

Reactions: hgg2k and RAMJET66
Is it this one?

Dave
Yes that is it , thanks..

Reactions: hgg2k and sb327
That magazine is $50. That is ridiculous.
yes it is , & i was only going to order 1 , but being the cheapskate that i can be at times, i thought if it works better than the crap OEM ones , that i would save on shipping by getting 2 of them , fingers crossed on longevity.. BTW, I Have not shot the GEN 1 HPss or the new HPSS PLUS since early last year because of the junk OEM mags.. the cost was $104.98 USD shipped paypal

Last edited:
Although I have fixed all the issues with the stock AEA mags and after all the mods they work very well,
I thought I should give a try to the custom extended mags from AE Swede. 15 rounds for the .25 cal.
Recently I received the magazine and first impressions are very positive.

AESwede Mag (a).jpg

CNC made from acetal copolymer plastic, much stronger and smoother than the cheap toy plastic stock magazines.
It spins much smoother and the locking mechanism of the clear cover is solid. You can throw them around and all
the pellets will stay in place. Try doing that with the AEA mags...

The spring is quite stiff and stiffer than the one I have used but it has to rotate 5 more pellets.

AESwede Mag (c).jpg

There are some imperfections on the side of the magazine but it is out of the way and does not affect its usage.

AESwede Mag (d).jpg

AESwede Mag (e).jpg

Here is a relative size comparison with the stock AEA.

AEA vs AE Swede.jpg

You need a bit more force to insert it in the breech and it clicks in place.
For the HP SS .25 with the small tube is the perfect companion and you get 15 shots from 25 mpa down to 16 mpa.
I think this is an excellent magazine for slugs on the HP SS.
Let's hope it keeps working like it works now.

Reactions: RAMJET66
Although I have fixed all the issues with the stock AEA mags and after all the mods they work very well,
I thought I should give a try to the custom extended mags from AE Swede. 15 rounds for the .25 cal.
Recently I received the magazine and first impressions are very positive.

View attachment 454402

CNC made from acetal copolymer plastic, much stronger and smoother than the cheap toy plastic stock magazines.
It spins much smoother and the locking mechanism of the clear cover is solid. You can throw them around and all
the pellets will stay in place. Try doing that with the AEA mags...

The spring is quite stiff and stiffer than the one I have used but it has to rotate 5 more pellets.

View attachment 454404

There are some imperfections on the side of the magazine but it is out of the way and does not affect its usage.

View attachment 454405

View attachment 454406

Here is a relative size comparison with the stock AEA.

View attachment 454407

You need a bit more force to insert it in the breech and it clicks in place.
For the HP SS .25 with the small tube is the perfect companion and you get 15 shots from 25 mpa down to 16 mpa.
I think this is an excellent magazine for slugs on the HP SS.
Let's hope it keeps working like it works now.
great, i received 2x 22 cal AEA mags a few weeks ago , still have not tried them yet , i misplaced the fill probe, & not sure which one my Hpss plus takes , i've been told it is a 7 mm or 8 mm, i am glad you like yours..

Reactions: hgg2k
AEA Fill probe compatibility:

7mm (0.28") x 44mm (1.73")

Compatible with:

• HP SEMI-AUTO SS
  • HP SEMI-AUTO ASSASIN CARBINE (HP STANDARD)
  • CHALLENGER STANDARD
  • CHALLENGER LONG
  • CHALLENGER BULLPUP STANDARD
  • CHALLENGER BULLPUP LONG
  • NEW TERMINATOR SEMI-AUTO
  • NEW ELEMENT

8mm (0.31") x 50mm (1.97")

Compatible with:

• HP SEMI-AUTO CARBINE
  • HP MAX
  • HP SEMI-AUTO SS PLUS
  • HP SEMI-AUTO ASSASIN CARBINE