How to know when its time to rebuild your springer?

I recently bought a Weirhauch HW97 .177 and promptly became obessive about learning how to shoot it because my early results with the gun were so bad. (Here's my post on the issue). 

Anyway, I've gotten a lot better with the accuracy BUT it seems to me I'm wearing the damn thing out with all the shooting. I'm now 4000+ pellets into it, and the gun has lost 20% of its power. It went from 14 ft/lbs out of the box down to 11 ft/lbs. It's shooting very consistently with a nice low ES, but its taking itself out of the power range I'm comfortable with for hunting.

So, I don't know dick about these guns --- and now I'm wondering if I need to rebuild it with one of these aftermarket spring kits, or change out the seal or what? -- or just leave it the hell alone.

Lemme know and thanks in advance.

"FlexWagtail"I recently bought a Weirhauch HW97 .177 and promptly became obessive about learning how to shoot it because my early results with the gun were so bad. (Here's my post on the issue). 
Anyway, I've gotten a lot better with the accuracy BUT it seems to me I'm wearing the damn thing out with all the shooting. I'm now 4000+ pellets into it, and the gun has lost 20% of its power. It went from 14 ft/lbs out of the box down to 11 ft/lbs. It's shooting very consistently with a nice low ES, but its taking itself out of the power range I'm comfortable with for hunting.
So, I don't know dick about these guns --- and now I'm wondering if I need to rebuild it with one of these aftermarket spring kits, or change out the seal or what? -- or just leave it the hell alone.
Lemme know and thanks in advance.
I shoot the heck out of my hw97k too. Great guns. 

Some power loss is normal as a springer gets broken in with shooting. Mine dropped about 2fpe to around 12fpe after a few thousand shots and then it stabilized.

If your hw97k is accurate and shoots well, my guess is that all is well and power has just stabilized below what you'd prefer. 

Easiest fix is a vortek or JM drop in tune kit. I prefer JM, but vortek kits often produce more power and come with a new piston seal. Go you youtube and search hw97k stripdown or tune. The process is easy and there are many videos that will walk you through step by step.

R