• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to hide explosives in a target - Video and Procedure

The resulting video for this ended up in the April Shooting Challenge, but I thought that it may be interesting to someone how I "hid" the Firebird inside the packaging...so I could blow up the box too and not make it obvious that I had explosives in there. First off, here is the final video from the shooting challenge:

Here is the grossness as bought:
20230418_124540.jpg

I opened the box from the bottom, and took out the plastic holder. I cut the shape of the firebird out of the plastic:
20230424_185609.jpg

Here is how it looked in the box:
20230424_192506.jpg

I cut the back of the box out:
20230424_201816.jpg

I stuck the Firebird to a hard surface as shown:
20230424_230621.jpg

I put a bunch of double-sided tape on the box and stuck it over the Firebird on the target, so it looked like the candy was just stuck to the target:
20230425_101846.jpg

One thing to note is that I put a TINY dot right over the Bunny's nose where the center of the Firebird is. I did this so I wouldn't miss the center.

Anyway, this could be a fun prank, but for me, I just wanted an excuse to vaporize some of the grossest candy I have ever seen.

Cheers!

Jonathan

The resulting video for this ended up in the April Shooting Challenge, but I thought that it may be interesting to someone how I "hid" the Firebird inside the packaging...so I could blow up the box too and not make it obvious that I had explosives in there. First off, here is the final video from the shooting challenge:

Here is the grossness as bought:
View attachment 351185

I opened the box from the bottom, and took out the plastic holder. I cut the shape of the firebird out of the plastic:
View attachment 351187

Here is how it looked in the box:
View attachment 351188

I cut the back of the box out:
View attachment 351189

I stuck the Firebird to a hard surface as shown:
View attachment 351190

I put a bunch of double-sided tape on the box and stuck it over the Firebird on the target, so it looked like the candy was just stuck to the target:
View attachment 351191
One thing to note is that I put a TINY dot right over the Bunny's nose where the center of the Firebird is. I did this so I wouldn't miss the center.

Anyway, this could be a fun prank, but for me, I just wanted an excuse to vaporize some of the grossest candy I have ever seen.

Cheers!

Jonathan
I'd love to see this blow up.

Well, I did it again (For the May Flowers Shooting Challenge this time), but I did it a little different this time. Here is a link to the video of the target completely exploding:

For this one, I made a frame and glued neodymium magnets to the bottom so that it would stick to my metal target
20230516_145831.jpg

I hot glued my "targets" to some card stock and cut it to the size of the frame...and held it in place with thumb tacks.
20230516_145819.jpg

I used the adhesive on the back of the Firebird to stick it to the metal target:
20230516_145906.jpg

I then carefully stuck the frame over the Firebird so that the center of the target was exactly over the Firebird:
20230516_151255(0).jpg

You saw what happened to these little Peeps in the video. Have fun (Safely)

Jonathan

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1