How to handle problem with Dealer

I would like to get some input on a problem I’m having. Don’t want to throw any names out until I get some opinions on what you guys think . Back in May I ordered some pellets from an Airgun dealer on the west coast, a $56.00 order , waited 4 days and did not receive a response if my order was processed or not , so I sent an e-mail asking if the order went through . I received an e-mail back stating the pellets were out of stock , but would be in Friday. Was ask at the time if I wanted to wait or cancel the order , I said I would wait, 2 weeks go by and I never heard anything , so another e-mail was sent asking about the order , I was told , he had gotten busy and forgot about it but would take care of it . I wait another week and still don’t hear if the order was sent or not , another e-mail, this time I ask for the order to be sent or my money refunded, the response I got was , I will take care of it . Starting to get irritated at this point , but I wait another week , still no order sent or money refunded. So the first of July I sent a final e-mail asking for my money to be refunded and the order just to be canceled, was told at this time , he was in New York but would take care of it right away. It’s the middle of July and I cannot get a response anymore , By now I realize I have been ripped off , but this person had a good reputation in the airgun industry, and even with all that’s happened I don’t want to see a persons reputation messed up.So my question is how would you guys handle something like this?

Thanks

That's a tough one. How many other people are doing just what you did, and not letting others know about this "good reputation" dealer? So even though he may be "not that good or as good as his reputation", no one hears about it and people keep getting poor service. I'm all for giving someone the benefit of the doubt, but there has to be a point where you blow the whistle... Its not personal, its just business.

At the beginning I was thinking contact your CC company and never do business with this person again. But as you went on I believe consumers need to know. I recently started in the air gun hobby and have been surprised several times in the poor way in which dealers and merchants conduct their business. I have never seen such poor business practices at places like Midway or Brownells or most other firearms companys. 

Ugh, I recently had a similar experience with a 'respectable' dealer in my neck of the woods, except the incorrect invoices, bs, delays, ignored questions etc were in relation to a fully paid up $2900 worth of daystate red wolf and huggett. Plus it lasted nearly 6 months. Eventually lost my cool and threatened him. I at least managed to get a refund, but conveniently just a little bit short- with all innocence from the dealer and a whole lot of self righteous bs about how my way of dealing with him had been disrespectful. Honestly I'd struggle not to ride that guy over if I saw him in the parking lot, so I know your pain.

Very definitely, contact your credit card company, explain the issue and direct them to cancel the authorization. If the vendor has already received payment from the CC company, they will snatch your money back from the vendor and replace it in your account. The vendor may dispute it but likely that will fall on deaf ears. The CC company tends to favor the consumer. If you purchased with a DEBIT card, you do NOT have that protection after the fact.

Yes, also time to "out" the vendor, AFTER you sort it out with the CC company and have your money back. 

And next time, deal with the vendors you see best represented here and on other forums. For me, the only ones I've used have all done exactly as I could have hoped: Airgun Depot, Airguns of AZ and Pyramid Air. I'm sure there are many other good vendors – just do your homework first. 

Thanks for all the replies, the order was placed with bwaltonpcp. I did use my debit card so probably kiss that $56.00 goodbye. Was talking to a local police officer at a nearby convenience store , he suggested taking all the e-mail copies to the clerks office at the courthouse, for me that is too much trouble for this amount of money. Hopefully this will just help someone else not get taken . While I don’t like putting anything negative out about anyone , I think if I didn’t and then saw later that another member here had lost a lot more money than me I would feel worse.

Tracker90

Reactions: JoeWayneRhea
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. 

Customer service is one of my pet peeves, just like it is for alot of you.

You have been more than patient with this vendor, and I'm glad his name is out.

This is a suggestion to all. On his website you can leave a message personally and let him know how dissatisfied we all are in his business practices. Nothing mean, just letting him know that he is now on notice.

Thanks

That sucks and thank you for giving us a name. I work for web based company and this was no way for a dealer to behave. Regardless ofthe amount of money invovled you should be treated respect andyour issues handled quickly and prosfessionally. Now I know nobody is perfect but and mistakes and delays happen but they should reach out to you and try to fix it, This isnt the first complaint i have read about them.

your doing all of us a great service ,we spread great praise to those who do right by us ,,i commend you sir ,for doing the air gun community a service ,,i take it wont be long now before you get a responce from him saying its all a mistake b s ,,how much was he making of the order $10 to $15 ,should have responded,, gave him the room to ang himself by his own doing,,a little advice if there non specialty slugs get from AGD or PA both package well has buy 3 fourth free ,,TRACKER thankyou HYNZIE

I have not posted because I have been super busy with life as well as family, this business has gooten way over my head with all the rifles that I have received and ldc's to make and pesting, and the truth to the matter is if you do not stay on me I will forget, its just that bad, Io have over 32 rifles and way behind. Its just me by myself no help. Right now I am trying to move as fast as I can... No shade here just over worked to the stage of this is not very fun anymore. I am opening up a store with a partner and train and hire some ppl in the very near future, Refunds are always welcome and If I can not get to it fast enough or forget then do a charge back no worries. I always answer the phone or text.

Reactions: Dcorvino