• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning How to get the BEST Accuracy out of an M3 Tune

Below was an email I sent to my FX dealer:

”The manual says not to use rifle if tank pressure falls below the “regulator” pressure but it doesn’t specify “which” regulator. Can you clarify which regulator, 1st or 2nd?”

and the dealer’s response:

“It would be your second reg. The one by the pellet probe.”

So, are you saying the dealer is wrong?

The manual clearly shows a picture of the first regulator under the instructions to "not shoot it below the regulator pressure". I would think that means the front regulator. It's so important they said it 2 times in a row. As well, the "tank pressure" they say to recharge before you reach, is denoted by the front reg. Your dealer may be wrong. 

m3manual.1637542150.JPG

Also, why would anyone want to shoot it below the front regulator pressure? It kind of defeats having a regulator in your gun at all. 

Below was an email I sent to my FX dealer:

”The manual says not to use rifle if tank pressure falls below the “regulator” pressure but it doesn’t specify “which” regulator. Can you clarify which regulator, 1st or 2nd?”

and the dealer’s response:

“It would be your second reg. The one by the pellet probe.”

So, are you saying the dealer is wrong?

Also, why would anyone want to shoot it below the front regulator pressure? It kind of defeats having a regulator in your gun at all.

Because the second reg determines final output pressure? That would be one reason off the top of my head.

Also, why would anyone want to shoot it below the front regulator pressure?

Well with my Maverick I do it to get that extra 24 shots out of it

I was just making sure you guys were paying attention.... Actually that is a good reason to shoot it down. I was just too lazy to look up the FX email.. I will be curious to know myself. -Nate

I would really like to hear from people who have this gun if the second reg is really a noticeable improvement on just a single reg. It seems to me that if the results are not outstanding then it would not be worth it to have another point of failer to deal with. I often use guns without any reg at all because they just have less seals that can go bad. So what's your experience with this gun? Can you notice a poi difference at all between a sing reg FX or a double? 

I would really like to hear from people who have this gun if the second reg is really a noticeable improvement on just a single reg. It seems to me that if the results are not outstanding then it would not be worth it to have another point of failer to deal with. I often use guns without any reg at all because they just have less seals that can go bad. So what's your experience with this gun? Can you notice a poi difference at all between a sing reg FX or a double?

I have both M2 and M3, and I prefer M2 with 1 reg to deal with fewer problems in the future. 

Here is the response I received from FX-USA today:

”The front right gauge is for the tank pressure the front left gauge is for the first regulator set pressure, the rear gauge is for the second regulator setting. 

Technically speaking you can shoot below the first regulator setting, however, even though this won't cause irreversible damage by doing so, this method does run the risk of increasing rifle inconsistencies, and we recommend that if you are able to refill at the first regulator pressure, it will be better for your rifles performance, in the long run, to do so.”

I have both M2 and M3, and I prefer M2 with 1 reg to deal with fewer problems in the future.

The explanation I heard on a you tube video that Ted (Ted's holdover ) made was the first regular is more beneficial for those in countries that are forced to use very low FPE guns, his explanation done make sense in that the 2 reg system is not as necessary of useful in standard pressure guns. I do have a M3 but I am not qualified to make fact based statements just Passing along what I heard.