How to fix the Nomad II compressor ?

So today I realized my Nomad II is a little sick,

I had this unit for probably 3 maybe 4 years but I rarely use it, just once in awhile I take it out mainly to make sure it doesn't just die of neglect,

Well today I did so, filled one gun then on the next one the compressor only went up to the 17 mark on the load and would not build pressure over the 50-60 BAR zone.

Is there videos out there on how to fix it, or anyone here with the knowledge ?

Much appreciate any tips and many thanks in advance

Manny

These compressors need to be stripped down and maintenance done on them. I have one, and was given a broken one for parts, so stripped the broken one.
The broken one had a broken shaft, which was easy to replace, but I also had to undo all the pipework and clean out the non return valves, as although the pump worked, it didn't build pressure. Once I had cleaned all these areas, it was working again.
The issue imo was moisture and oil collecting in these areas and the gunk stopped surfaces from sealing. This took me approx 2 hours from stripping to pumping. I will now do this regularly until they die. Otherwise I have had 243 gun fills from my original pump, but will get a Hill next.

It's not too hard, just go slowly and methodically,

These compressors need to be stripped down and maintenance done on them. I have one, and was given a broken one for parts, so stripped the broken one.
The broken one had a broken shaft, which was easy to replace, but I also had to undo all the pipework and clean out the non return valves, as although the pump worked, it didn't build pressure. Once I had cleaned all these areas, it was working again.
The issue imo was moisture and oil collecting in these areas and the gunk stopped surfaces from sealing. This took me approx 2 hours from stripping to pumping. I will now do this regularly until they die. Otherwise I have had 243 gun fills from my original pump, but will get a Hill next.

It's not too hard, just go slowly and methodically,
I think you are right, after I replaced 2 of the check valves it's now working again, I just could not undo the nuts that go into the motor, they where just too tight,.....will try next time I need to do some repairing.

I think you are right, after I replaced 2 of the check valves it's now working again, I just could not undo the nuts that go into the motor, they where just too tight,.....will try next time I need to do some repairing.
The first time I worked on it, I had trouble taking those same screws out, and one had been cross threaded, and ruined the hole. Unless you really need to I would recommend leaving these in. The cast metal that the holes are tapped into may not like being undone. So mine functions with only 3 screws for now.

I believe the Nomad compressors are Tuxing clones if not actually made by Tuxing. Looking at the schematic on the Pyramid Air site and comparing it to a couple of Tuxing schematics show all the same parts in a similar configuration. As mentioned earlier and in a video posted by Brothers in Air on Youtube, maintenance - cleaning on a regular basis and much sooner than the manuals state help to keep these little Chinese compressors running. When putting these compressors back together I use a small amount of anti-seize paste to coat all threads. Makes taking things apart easier the next time and helps keep me from damaging threading or having somethings seize due to heat or material corrosion.

Reactions: Pauly5
I believe the Nomad compressors are Tuxing clones if not actually made by Tuxing. Looking at the schematic on the Pyramid Air site and comparing it to a couple of Tuxing schematics show all the same parts in a similar configuration. As mentioned earlier and in a video posted by Brothers in Air on Youtube, maintenance - cleaning on a regular basis and much sooner than the manuals state help to keep these little Chinese compressors running. When putting these compressors back together I use a small amount of anti-seize paste to coat all threads. Makes taking things apart easier the next time and helps keep me from damaging threading or having somethings seize due to heat or material corrosion.
I believe you right, looking at the Tuxing opened up looks identical to my Nomad II

Reactions: Pauly5