• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to fix Benjamin Marauder bolt

I broke the pellet probe on my Benjamin Marauder .177. Called Crossman and they didn’t have any replacement parts because the gun is a “generation 1”?? I think that was the reason, too old is what he meant, they didn’t have any regardless…

It still fires but I haven’t chronographed it yet to see if the velocity is still where it was. If it is, I don’t think I’ll bother fixing it.

The only way I think it could be repaired would be to drill a hole where the probe broke off and insert a pin in the hole. I’d use some epoxy in the hole to keep it in there. It appeared to be made of powdered metal so It shouldn’t be hard to drill, just have be really careful. Pretty sure I’d need to get this in a lathe so it’s aligned properly. It would be impossible to get it lined up to drill on my drill press and there’s too much play in the dp to do it accurately.

Anybody have any thoughts on this or maybe a source I don’t know about for a replacement bolt?

I broke the tip off of my gen 2 .177 marauder bolt. I acquired a used gen 1 bolt from a mixed used parts purchase. The gen 1 probe/bolt fit my gen 2 gun(but is only right handed position). I did have to add a detent recess using a very small ball head carbide bit and a Dremel tool to keep the bolt in battery position. If you're lightly handy and you run out of options for finding a gen 1 bolt, this may be worth a shot.

I broke the tip off of my gen 2 .177 marauder bolt. I acquired a used gen 1 bolt from a mixed used parts purchase. The gen 1 probe/bolt fit my gen 2 gun(but is only right handed position). I did have to add a detent recess using a very small ball head carbide bit and a Dremel tool to keep the bolt in battery position. If you're lightly handy and you run out of options for finding a gen 1 bolt, this may be worth a shot.
How did you break yours?

I “short cycled” the bolt on the last pellet in the mag and couldn’t get the mag out and couldn’t close the bolt either. Had to hammer it out. I should have physically locked the bolt open with tape but I didn’t. It moved forward enough to put the pellet probe against the mag breaking it when the mag moved. DOH!!!

How did you break yours?

I “short cycled” the bolt on the last pellet in the mag and couldn’t get the mag out and couldn’t close the bolt either. Had to hammer it out. I should have physically locked the bolt open with tape but I didn’t. It moved forward enough to put the pellet probe against the mag breaking it when the mag moved. DOH!!!
Well, shortly after I got the Mrod as a first PCP, I struggled to get decent accuracy. One of my findings was the pellet probe was not pushing the pellets squarely into the leade. I overpowered the little bugger while trying to bend it(not recommeneded!) and snapped it clean off! DOH! LOL. This is one of many good reasons to start with a less expensive rifle. If I broke something on a more costly rifle, I would have been physically ill!

Reactions: 450BM
Well, shortly after I got the Mrod as a first PCP, I struggled to get decent accuracy. One of my findings was the pellet probe was not pushing the pellets squarely into the leade. I overpowered the little bugger while trying to bend it(not recommeneded!) and snapped it clean off! DOH! LOL. This is one of many good reasons to start with a less expensive rifle. If I broke something on a more costly rifle, I would have been physically ill!
Mine looked like it is powdered metal. No bend in that stuff, just break!

Reactions: Pea-shooter O.G.