• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How to Disassemble a Hatsan Sortie

There was a post awhile ago where the member disassembled, polished and cleaned his Sortie to solve its loading problems. I have a Sortie that shows similar problems. It likes to fire only the first pellet. I would like to disassemble and work on it . I do work with CO2 airguns but a PCP is new to me. Any information on how to disassemble the Sortie would be appreciated. Thanks

I wish you the best of luck with this. Mine was a piece of junk when it arrived with nothing but cycling problems. Sent back to Hatsan USA for repairs - don't know what they did but all the magazines were stupid loose when I got it back. Worked for about 3-4 mags and then same problem again. My suggestion to you is return to whomever you bought it as quick as possible and just move on - it's a poorly designed gun with poor QC and some of the parts of just utter trash. This gun shouldn't even be on the market it is such cheap junk.

Late response, but I have been getting great consistency doing a few things with the Sortie. Remove the barrel shroud clean and lightly grease where the piston slides. Verify the white plastic collar is secured with set screw to barrel. Check cycling at mid pressure, topped off cylinder is often too much pressure for the hammer to overcome, too little air released and no cycling. Don't use an LDC, the back pressure increases quickly killing the semi-action. Loosen the barrel tip, check and adjust again finding minimum tension needed to close bolt. Remove the long hammer adjustment screw and replace with short screw and longer spring. The long spring has a larger sweet spot with less tension required for cocking, makes for easier cycling. Try different pellets, domes seem to cycle better than waddcutters, I think it may be a reduction in closing effort needed.

My .177 Sortie cycles 28 shots without fail, only too high or too low cylinder pressure stops it. A very fun gun that shoots from rest 3/8" groups at 25 yards with JSB 8.44 , off hand not so much (working on it).

Late response, but I have been getting great consistency doing a few things with the Sortie. Remove the barrel shroud clean and lightly grease where the piston slides. Verify the white plastic collar is secured with set screw to barrel. Check cycling at mid pressure, topped off cylinder is often too much pressure for the hammer to overcome, too little air released and no cycling. Don't use an LDC, the back pressure increases quickly killing the semi-action. Loosen the barrel tip, check and adjust again finding minimum tension needed to close bolt. Remove the long hammer adjustment screw and replace with short screw and longer spring. The long spring has a larger sweet spot with less tension required for cocking, makes for easier cycling. Try different pellets, domes seem to cycle better than waddcutters, I think it may be a reduction in closing effort needed.

My .177 Sortie cycles 28 shots without fail, only too high or too low cylinder pressure stops it. A very fun gun that shoots from rest 3/8" groups at 25 yards with JSB 8.44 , off hand not so much (working on it).

How is the shroud removed?
Cannot seem to find any screws locking it in place - is it just glued on - and if so, how did you succed in removing it?