How to determine bc of pellets?

Title kinda says it, but how do you determine the BC of a pellet? Also what drag model is typically used? G1-G7 something else? Newb here, but in the powder burning world, I’ve started by using manufacturers’ data, then chronographing muzzle velocities and observing bullet drops and tuning my data and ballistic solver to real world drops over time, altitudes conditions etc… then find a happy spot that works. So where do you folks start ? Is there published data on pellet BCs?

Usually the G1 or the GA model is used for pellets.

I expect that slugs would best be modeled with the G1, but I I'm sure there are people here who could speak to that with more authority.

There is a way to estimate a BC of a projectile it's rather complicated and it involves comparing the shape of the projectile to different models. It's probably easier to use a ballistics program to help you calculate the BC.

Normally you do that by zeroing at one distance and then measuring the drop at a second distance given your muzzle velocity the program can then figure out what your ballistics coefficient is.

STRELOK and chair gun can both do that is Can a number of other programs.

HTH

Reactions: JJMoody