How to degass bottle guns?

Unscrew the bottle and either back the regulator adjustment out a little (increase pressure) until it bleeds the plenum or loosen the regulator gauge to bleed it off.

I mean degass the whole bottle empty, not just the air left inside the reg. So only way is to remove guage to release the air? Don't really want to remove guage and then can't get gauge to air tight again. On my other PCP guns, I always have hard time sealing the guage back and not have a leak, even with using pipe thread tape on thread. Always end up with low leaks at the guage port. So removing gauge would be the last thing I'd do.

Attach your fill station to the rifle. Open the bottle and slowly, (s-l-o-w-l-y), allow air to enter the rifle. When the pressure levels equalize, and, as soon as you hear the one-way valve click, turn off the air knob. Then, very slightly open the bleed valve, and air will begin flowing out of the bottle. It's a little tricky, might take a couple of tries, and it's slow, but it works. 

Attach your fill station to the rifle. Open the bottle and slowly, (s-l-o-w-l-y), allow air to enter the rifle. When the pressure levels equalize, and, as soon as you hear the one-way valve click, turn off the air knob. Then, very slightly open the bleed valve, and air will begin flowing out of the bottle. It's a little tricky, might take a couple of tries, and it's slow, but it works.

That works on the Marauder. But on the impact, I tired it many times. It always seals when I slowly bleed and only the line will bleed. I think theres a spring in the one way valve pushing it close. On the Marauder, there is no spring, the pin in the one way valve free float, so that's why it works. I know some one way valve they used a spring in it to push it close so it doesn't lose air when you bleed the valve.

You could unscrew the bottle until you hear air leaking. Leave it in that position until the air is drained from bottle.

Ok I will give that a try. Thanks

You could unscrew the bottle until you hear air leaking. Leave it in that position until the air is drained from bottle.

Let us know how that works. I've never tried it, but, from taking off bottles, it seems it may be difficult to maintain a "leak" without the O ring breaking totally free of the seal and just disconnecting totally. But, I've never tried to stop it at that point, as I was always just removing the bottle. 

Let us know how that works. I've never tried it, but, from taking off bottles, it seems it may be difficult to maintain a "leak" without the O ring breaking totally free of the seal and just disconnecting totally. But, I've never tried to stop it at that point, as I was always just removing the bottle.

I tried taking bottle off slowly. It just released the air inside the gun, not the air in the bottle. I try 3 times. Doesn't work. The valve in the bottle closed first, then the air in the gun release. I guess it's something fx put in to avoid air from bottle to leak out when taking the bottle off. I hear when you travel on plane, you must empty all air in your gun and bottle because of high pressure 30k feet in the air. How do people desgass their bottles when they travel? Dang. Only thing I can think of now I shoot till it's empty. But that could damage some seals. Not sure.

Check with the maker about shooting it down. My guess, you can shoot it well below 100 bar without damage.About the gauge, you seem reluctant to loosen it to release air, but it really should not be a problem.

The thing is, in the past I always have problem sealing the guage back into the guage port on my marauder pistol. On my Marauder rifle there is a o ring that seal it so never have a problem on the rifle. But on the pistol there is no o ring to seal so use thread pipe tape on thread. But always have slow leaks at the guage. It would drop back to 0 psi over night. Always have to take it apart, out more thread tape and hope it seal. Some time had to repeat 5-10 times just to get it to seal. My impact doesn't leak right now, so don't really want to mess with the guage unless it's leaking and a must to take it off. I just want to remove air from bottle to be able to take on plane.

There's been a lot of shooters having no problem getting gauges to seal. Depending on the gun a lot of them/us are using just a flat based BSPP gauge like a Wika or Huma and with those a common way we are getting the gauges to seal is by dumping a 005 (think that's the one) chubby O-ring in the gauge hole and snugging it down. It works flawlessly on my guns. Another possible gauge seal option is using a Dowdy seal again depending on the gun and gauge combo. I'd much rather explore this option versus shooting it down to zero.

JK

I hear when you travel on plane, you must empty all air in your gun and bottle because of high pressure 30k feet in the air.

Atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi at sea level and goes down by 1 psi for every 1000 feet you gain in altitude. I guess the bottle could damage the aircraft skin if someone were to rupture the bottle under full pressure.